Silo for Saturday

db4600

The clay silo is located at the old H. P. Lahr farm. Henry Peter was known as H P or horse power partly in reference to the Case steam engines he had. The other is the Glatzel place. This was some of the early settlers of the area and the rugged rolling hills has maybe prevented big expansion. Just down the road is the Chock log house that is still in the family and well kept although not a residence. This area is between the St. Benedict’s and St. John’s campuses.
IMG_6299.jpeg
IMG_6298.jpeg

The clay silo is located at the old H. P. Lahr farm. Henry Peter was known as H P or horse power partly in reference to the Case steam engines he had. The other is the Glatzel place. This was some of the early settlers of the area and the rugged rolling hills has maybe prevented big expansion. Just down the road is the Chock log house that is still in the family and well kept although not a residence. This area is between the St. Benedict’s and St. John’s campuses.View attachment 6784View attachment 6783
The first one looks like the silo on the farm where I grew up. Though that barn looks like one that was on a neighboring farm.

The first one looks like the silo on the farm where I grew up. Though that barn looks like one that was on a neighboring farm.
And the red tile silo looks the one we had pushed down to make way for our new pole shed (built after high winds blew down our original old barn).

Grew up with a gambrel barn, a little bigger than the one pictured, with a red tile silo on the back end. Got brave and walked around the top edge once. Great view from up there. Just another time I tried to kill myself.

The clay silo is located at the old H. P. Lahr farm. Henry Peter was known as H P or horse power partly in reference to the Case steam engines he had. The other is the Glatzel place. This was some of the early settlers of the area and the rugged rolling hills has maybe prevented big expansion. Just down the road is the Chock log house that is still in the family and well kept although not a residence. This area is between the St. Benedict’s and St. John’s campuses.View attachment 6784View attachment 6783
Those are some hefty hewed logs on that nearest barn.

The Mt. Hood concrete stave silo my parents had built in the late 50's is still standing but all the dairy barns were pushed down after they sold the farm in 1980. The new owners built an open pole shed that has mostly been empty, as they do nothing but mow part of the 47 acres that was pasture and woods. They rent the 50 acres of flat land for crops....James

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back