Silver paint for rims

Getting ready to paint the rims and would like to know what silver is best. I was thinking CaseIH would have the correct match but I'd like to know what others have used.

definitly CASE IH has the match. i just did my w4 rims. i have also used bright coat galvanize on my 560 and it is good too.
cvphoto98106.jpg

cvphoto98107.jpg

cvphoto98108.jpg

well its pretty basic painting. give it the dust coat first then go to it, get it on till it wants to run then stop. that is how you get the shine. painted lots of stuff from a can.

then you can get up in the morning and clear coat them. if you using a sprayer you can add hardener to the paint and that will give it a good shine.

Just whatever you do, do NOT use Rustoleum Aluminum paint. You'd think after all this time they would figure out how to get it to stay mixed, cover well, and be a consistent color.

I've done 5 sets of rims using Rust
oleum.......gotta shake and stir it
frequently, but it looks good and covers
nice. Brushed on with zero brush marks.
cvphoto98142.jpg

I like Silver Rustoleum paint. An old painter told me it has a lot of fish oil in it and while it seems to be hard
to mix it covers well and prevent rust. Just because it seem to separate doesn't mean it does not cover well.
Repaired rims that had calcium cloride in them need all the protection they can get. I may be all wrong on this but
that what I think.
On a side note I put high quality silver automotive paint on a set of back rims and they are showing rust coming
back even though they were sand blasted and looked great when it was done. Best for a show tractor!!!Cleddy

(quoted from post at 19:29:56 08/19/21) Getting ready to paint the rims and would like to know what silver is best. I was thinking CaseIH would have the correct match but I'd like to know what others have used.
PPG Epoxy Primer and Argent Silver 8568 single stage urethane

mvphoto80585.jpg

mvphoto80587.jpg

This post was edited by jimtrs on 08/20/2021 at 04:57 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back