Sluggish AMBAC PSB 6 injector problem fixed!

Burl C

Think the problem has been found. After changing oil and fuel, adding injector cleaner and the other suggestions, the problem remained. So just for the heck of it I started the engine with the control unit arm cover removed. Had not done that before. The governor and fuel oil arm worked like a charm, very snappy response from the throttle . What??? So shut her down and replaced the cover. When started, it was sluggish again. Did that several times. So gave a close visual if the cover and found that on the fuel shutoff shaft, there was a shiny section like something was rubbing on it. You may be able to see it in the photo. Anyway I took a dremel and ground that side of the shaft down pretty good and put the cover back on. Now it works just fine. Ran it many times over the past two days, and think I'm ready to move on to the power steering cylinder leak. Will do a new thread on that. Thanks for the inputs, they were very helpful!
mvphoto97690.jpg

almost looks like cover wasnt thick enough? 1 of those make 2 thick
gaskets n try it again kinda things. glad you got it sorted out

(quoted from post at 23:11:46 09/26/22) almost looks like cover wasnt thick enough? 1 of those make 2 thick
gaskets n try it again kinda things. glad you got it sorted out
One of those several option things, Thought of the extra gasket, or bending the shaft slightly. My dremel was nearby, so took the quickest fix. Who would have thought?

yep.i ran into simular problem on diffrent thing.power window
motor in my 91 ram 150 was out.bought new rebuild n it was weak.
i can pick window up easy n raise it.3 motors later took the
window regulator out.new rebuilds use a longer drive gear and it
was cutting a hold in back of regulator.i used a hole saw and made
a hole tad bigger than the gear .works great now

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back