I'll second that.

Some years ago I was active over there and several times posted links to this site (yt) in reply to posters who were seeking info and not getting any replies to their specific questions on smokestak. Questions that I thought likely would get attention here.

The owner/mod deleted them.

His site, his choice, but since he's not in the business of selling things (and trying to avoid competition) I don't know why he found the links to this site to be offensive enough to require removal.

I don't go there anymore.

If you a talking about the site. Where they cover many subjects. I have been on there since the beginning. I have never had a problem.
Of course he has rules just like this site does. All sites do. Most of my time is on the Onan section.

I try and salvage old equipment in one of the scraps yards near me. I ran across a old International UD-18 motor in a old air compressor. It was complete. With no idea of if it would be worth my time to save any of it. I tried to ask on Smokstak if anyone had any idea if the parts are worth saying. Everyone said yes, but no one would give me a ball park guess on value. Without any guestimate on valve. I would not risk my limited resources on trying. I told the people over there that without any guestimate I was not going to pull anything to resale. Even though I had already pulled the injector pump and magneto. One of the yahoo's over there claimed I was lying and called me an "A" hole. Claimed I did not really have anything and was trying to con people. I took an exception to that and told him "up his". I was immediately banned. No explanation on why. They just gave the boot.

I can't speak for other parts of the site. But for my side I would have talked with you.Explained that the part may not be worth what
you were asking for it. Then I would have told you the best way that I knew how to sell it.
1 Scam artist show up. At least six times a year.
2 I have had several lawsuits filed on me. The reasons get weird.
3 I have been cussed out. Because I told the person. What they had was not worth it.
4 I have had people promise to kick my butt.
5 I agree you should have been treated better. But you need to try and understand. Our side of the problem.
I have said this for years. There is no such thing as a dumb question. If you are trying to learn

I agree. I just cannot believe the guy who called me names, a liar, con artist. One guy wanted the complete head to the motor. He would not tell me what he would pay. I was not about to go through a lot of trouble and expense just to fined out he would not pay what I needed for it. I have to pay by the pound so you can imagine what it would have cost at 30 cents a pound. The thing was huge. I did that once for the Audie Murphy Museum. They said they wanted the hubs off a Bofors trailer. I went ahead and removed them payed for them and the Museum would not even pay me what I payed for them. I took them back to recycle them. Lost $120 on the deal plus all the time it took to remove them. Never more. Thanks for the input. just needed to vent a little.

I don't know much about farm equipment. I learn from this site and friends around town. But if I can ever help you. Let me know.

I guess it could just be you. Since you said you pulled the mag and pump already you essentially were lying. You knew those two
things had value. Also a quick google search shows there is interest in these engines.
A better idea probably would have been to put the whole thing in their free adds for sale with pictures and your price on it.
It's no different than when people do the same thing here.
Try it with a used up tractor. You'll get estimates from 100.00 to 5000.00 Does that really help?
Educate yourself about what you are looking at and put a price on it.

Because of people like you. I don't sell anything on any Forum. Living on Social Security and my Disability pension from the VA. Prevents me from buying large items to try and resell. Unless I know I can recover the cost plus a profit. The cost of the injector pump and magneto was minor compared to the huge head on that motor if I had pulled it. I could not risk it on the chance that someone would buy it. I have to many boat anchors around the house as it is. Yes, I am educating myself about all the things I see that I think might be worth the effort to save from the scrappers. The most important thing I have learned is to NOT ask for input from ANY Forum. It is a total waste of my time.

The site has good information in places but the guy who runs it is an a$$hole. If you suffer through his arcane and absolutely stupid registratrion form it is an OK place to amuse yourself for awhile. The guy must have been dropped on his head as a baby.

I am not sure. I say maybe several years at a guess? I have been pulling parts for about 15 years now. Everything from vintage cars and trucks, to all types of vintage farm equipment. Only time I ask is when I cannot find any price range on new items in my searches. I leave a lot at the scrap yard do to lack of input or funds to buy them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back