Sorry to gone without notice.

Walt Davies

Well-known Member
I spent the last few days in the hospital. Thursday night I went to bed and hour later woke up with the worst chest pains I have ever had.
Went to emergency and they put me in the Hospital got an angiagram found a lot of bloackage in my old graphs so I'm on new meds to see if it will help if not I go for another Open heart surgery. Not looking forward to that one.
Walt
PS i feel better but very tire right now you don't get much sleep in the hospital with nurse waking you up every hour for some dumb thing.
 
WALT I dont know you personaly,I do know 99.9% of the people on here are great God loving.and of His works,type people.And I'm sure you are one of them.I'm 63 now I wake up every morning with the attitude,that nothing is going to happen to me, today that God and I cant handle. You are in our prayers. Jim H SW PA
 
Walt, I'm glad that you're back and wish you the best. If it come to open heart, while sure it is serious surgery, that procedure has come a long ways. The success rate is very very good, and recovery is a fraction of what it was 20 years ago.

Even so, I'd imagine you are hoping the meds work and you will not have to have surgery. Along those lines, do what the Dr. ordered and try keeping those tractors out of the mud for awhile ;>)
 
Take a look at Proverbs 18:21
Death and Life are in the power of the tongue. Speak positive and speak life into your recovery.
And what Nancy said
Also if interested Mark 11: 23 thru 26

We will pray for you.
 
Thank everyone had my fist good nights sleep in while but had to curl up close to the wife for that well know security blanket.
feeling a little dizzy this morning might be the new Meds.

Well its long road back but I didn't have a heart attack this time so it should be faster not 2 years.

Any body going to come out this summer and help with the haying.
Walt
PS I'll put you up buy the food.
 
During an evening last October, I went to the hospital E.R. because of shortness of breath, experienced during a block long walk in a parking lot. There was just a little chest discomfort; I would not call it pain. At the check-in I was apologizing because “I thought it was nothing”. It was something, triple by-pass is what resulted. Mistakes were made later at the hospital but all is well that ends well. A couple of my throw-away lines are: (1) Heart surgery isn’t brain surgery. (2) You have to survive your first heart attack if you are going to have a second one. Some things that are very important are living a healthy life, knowing the symptoms of a heart problem and not being concerned about calling a false emergency. Because I arrived at E.R. soon enough, the damage to the heart if any was minimal. I am so glad I responded as I did.
 
Been there, done that, Walt. Except in my case they used stents to open up the clogged vessels. Just take it easy and do what the cardiologists tell you to do and you"ll be on the mend real quick. Damm it"s tough gettin" old ain"t it?

Regards,
Jerry
 
Walt hope the meds work out. surgery I hear isn't the greatest thing I the world.
Last June I started to slow down and by January I could hardly go some tightness in the chest but not bad came and went. I though I was clogging up again I'd had three heart attacks and some angoplasty and stents and felt like a new person afterwards. Went in to see Dr and they ran ekg and showed some more damage since last one. Next stop cardiologist for a eckocardogramm. results led to a angiogram,still thought maybe a stent or two and I'd be good to go again. Good news no blockages good blood supply,bad news one area of my heart is no longer working up to parr.
Dr added one new drug the the many I'm already on and I'm feeling some better but only good for three or four hours of low stress work. Dr added that I need to sell my cows and slow down more and that with in the next five years I will need a pacemaker with difiblator.
I now have a girl friday to do most of the work,maybe we can make it to fall,ship the calves in Nov and the cows in Jan. and I'll be out of the cow busness first time in 55 years.
 
I'm just west of Monmouth I guarantee a lot of good Ol' tractor time. And lots of good exercize as I'm am limited to 10 lbs right now but hope to be back up by May.
 
Them cows is what I got after my first open heart surgery to keep me going 13 years later I doing pretty good then Wham.
Boy they hit hard and fast don't they.
I told my doctor I had to make it to this summer for my 70th birthday Party going to be big she-bang.
Walt
 
Good luck Walt. Hope it works OK. I enjoy your comments on here. I could be facing my 2nd back surgery soon and I know none of it's fun. Good luck again.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top