Spin-On Oil Filter Adapter for Super Major Diesel (In USA)

ToMang07

So I've found a few on Euro websites, but can't seem to find any stateside, outside of Amazon or Ebay, which frankly, I don't trust.

Does anyone know where to look Stateside? Or part numbers that cross over?

Something like this.

https://www.external_link/FDS3449-S...oOLg8MBrdgdMqY04dAF3q6luy82UrSRMaAtn0EALw_wcB

Since I can't post a link apparently...

Attachments

• FSM Spin on Adapter.jpg
    FSM Spin on Adapter.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 15
  • FSM Spin on Adapter2.jpg
    FSM Spin on Adapter2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 13
I would think this one would fit, seeing as it lists the newer 4000/5000s, but then it says 3cyl... which I though they were all 4cyl??

Attachments

• FSM Spin on Adapter3.jpg
    FSM Spin on Adapter3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 12
  • FSM Spin on Adapter4.jpg
    FSM Spin on Adapter4.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 12
These adapters are for the 6X fords. There were styled with the old names in Europe at their introduction. Won’t fit a British built Fordson tractor.

That filter kit is nothing like the Super Major, 4000 and 5000's were totally different engines. I do not think I have ever seen a spin off that would fit on a Fordson Super Major, they were not common in the 1950's and 60's.

That filter kit is nothing like the Super Major, 4000 and 5000's were totally different engines. I do not think I have ever seen a spin off that would fit on a Fordson Super Major, they were not common in the 1950's and 60's.
Well that's why I'm looking for an adapter. Clearly they have been made for other tractors that are more common stateside.

So I've found a few on Euro websites, but can't seem to find any stateside, outside of Amazon or Ebay, which frankly, I don't trust.

If you are referring to the cartridge type oil filter that is inside the right frame rail, below the injection pump there is no conversion to a spin on.

IF you happen to be referring to the early 5000,( later style, that was first called a 5000 super major (has no frame rails), with the filter on the left side of the block, you can get a conversion kit that fits the thousand series, but you have to be careful, some are very poorly made, with slag inclusions. I recently put one on a 4110 and I had to grind it down to fit into the recess, and then when I snugged it down, the entire center broke out.

Well that sounds terrible. Yes, mine is the one with the cartridge style under the simms pump. If I'm SOL I'm SOL. I really wish it was easier to get the cartridge ones, but every place I've tried locally looks at me like I'm speaking mandarin when I try to find one. And just about anywhere I can order online it costs more to ship it than the filter itself costs. Frustrating.

Check out the filter offered on this site for the Fordson Major. The Major range used the same filter from around 1954 to the end of production. Early tractors used a longer one but that was also similar to one used on the Ferguson TE20.

Check out the filter offered on this site for the Fordson Major. The Major range used the same filter from around 1954 to the end of production. Early tractors used a longer one but that was also similar to one used on the Ferguson TE20.
1704285372976.png

OK, see your problem, I am pretty sure there is a replacement filter available from a filter supply place over there, they were a common tractor in some areas, but you seem to have a poor local supplier. The problem will be there on any on-lime supplier although we do have people like Agriline over here who ship free to the UK.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

NAPA Filter warehouse show an FL70591 for Ford Super Major 5000 from 1958 to 1962. Actually it is the same filter from 1954 to 1963.

Interesting, nothing shows up here at all for that number. But wasn't the 5000 a different filter setup?

1704299791747.png

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back