Splitdorf Magneto

37 chief

i have a Splitdorf four cylinder magneto. It came off a tractor, because it has a impulse drive. If I remove the impulse drive it's the same mag as used on my 4 cylinder Indian motorcycle. Problem is, it turns the opposite rotation as my Indian motor.
Can the direction of a mag be changed. Anyone know of a magneto shop that works on the old tractor magnetos? Stan

On reversible mags, the entire breaker plate will be indexable to place the rubbing block on the opposite side of the breaker cam to reverse the rotation. All you have to do is take it apart far enough to see the points, and the reversing procedure will be readily apparent, if the mag is set up to do so. Im guessing you will have to change the impulse coupling, of course it wont work backwards. I deal primarily with eismann mag on cat engine , which have no impulse coupling and are readily reversible.

I thought I sent this yesterday. I guess I did something wrong. The magneto I need turns to the left looking at the drive end. CCW. Thanks for looking. stan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back