sprayer pump

I'm in the process of building a 3PH sprayer. I was going to buy the pump from tractor supply, but after reading the reviews, I'm not so sure. One review stated that the pump stopped building pressure after only two months of use. I mean, I'm not going to use this 8 or 10 hours a day, but when I need it, I need it. There's not alot of options to buy it somewhere else. What should I do? Thanks,Todd.
 
Just a for what it s worth. Roller pumps that
have had Roundup will lose pressure due to
Roundup getting in the pores and messing up
the clearance between rotor and pump body.
True in cast iron and stainless. You have to
have the Silver Series. Kind of a super stainless.
 
I use an old gear pump, has worked for many years.

i spray orchard or grass, whatever

gear pumps can build up more pressure, but do not deliver as much volume.

my uncle had a roller pump that he used to spray corn, never heard him complain about it, so i assume it worked ok.
 
I agree with you, tho my old roller pump worked for 12 years on Roundup, and was not the special one. A rear seal went out on it, and didn't feel it was worth repairing for the rough treatment I gave it, but it was still building pressure, just dripped....

So, they can go a while even if not 'roundup approved'.

The original poster didn't say what kind of pump he wanted to buy, electric, roller, belt driven, or ????? So really can't help him.

--->Paul

--->Paul
 
I have used the same roller pump for 10/12 years now.I bought that pump for about $20 at a farm sale.I spray about 50+ acres a year ,use(generic) roundup.
 
I think the key is "after spraying" care.If you just leave it till next year,it wont last very long.I remove it,fill it with oil,and hang it in the shed.
 
Have had most kinds of agricultural pumps known, at one time or another (piston, gear, roller, centrifugal, diaphram, etc). Except for an orchard sprayer, I found a centrifugal to be the longest lasting/most trouble free. I almost never go to TSC, so I don't know what they sell; what kind of pump are you looking at?
 
Thanks for the replies. These are roller pumps. They will go on the PTO of the tractor. I would be spraying roundup mostly. They're made by Hypro. They come in cast, ni-resist???, and silver series. Thanks, Todd.
 
Why not get hooked up with a local sprayer parts dealer? They can get you set up with what you need and will have the expertise to help you with your challenges.

Jim
 
BEEN USING THIS ON FOR YEARS.

http://www.agrisupply.com/Hypro-Cast-Iron-Roller-Pump-Solid-Shaft-C/p/25114/&sid=&eid=/
 
I have one of the Hypro blue "non RU" pumps like new in a box. I'd sell you that one for $99 and if it lasts you three seasons it's a bargain compared to $400 for the silver series. Just flush the tank and pump after use.
email private.
 
As I mentioned below, I have a blue roller pump from the farm supply store, it worked since 1991 on my farm, started using roundup about a decade after I got the sprayer, only first replaced it last year - with another blue one.

I put a gallon of diesel fuel and a gallon of RV antifreeze in my tank for a final cleanout/preserve over winter. Otherwise don't treat it anything special.

--->Paul
 
i have three six roller pumps for sale if anyone is interested. they are the tsc brand and one is silver series. all brand new
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top