Stabalizer Bars

Fergienewbee

Well-known Member
This is a dumb question, but when do I need to install stabalizer bars on my 3PH? I plan to get a "carry all" for moving firewood, and other stuff. I also plan to do some disking. Do I need stabalizer bars for either one? Thanks.

Larry
 
You don't "need" them, but depending on your tractor, you may get a lot of side to side sway of the implement on the hitch without them. My JD has chains with turn-buckles on each side, so I don't need them. However, a lot of tractors have so much side to side sway in the 3 pt. that it is a pain without them.
 
By your screenname, I'm assuming we're talking about a Ferguson? If so, stabilizer bars are almost a nessecity on most implements. Those tractors don't have sway blocks like so many other brands use. 3-point lower links are free to swing quite a ways in each direction without them. 3-point mounted plows, disc, or planters being exceptions. That would be like a ship with a locked rudder. You need some movement with implements like them. Any other type of implement, such as a mower, carry-all, rear blade, bale spear, ect, and it's stabilizer bars all the way. Saves broken draft arms among other things.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top