Starline Fence Stretcher, Block and Tackle

(quoted from post at 06:18:59 03/04/23) Thank so much for the tip !
I dont remember using it very well , only thing I remember was it stretching barbed wire for pasture quite a distance ,say 100 yards or more

Learned how to weave/splice rope at 10, showing Jersey Cows in 4-H. 3/8" rope is the nicest to work with. End Splice, End Loop, Loop, Rope Splice.

Nice work , 4-H has a lot to offer doesnt it.

I wish I would have made a rope halter to show my Lass , Holstein heifer, instead I bought one .

Yep thinking 3/8 would be better for this unit , but all the ones I see on eBay have 1/2=inches like mine. So ,Ill keep looking for solution to
the release issues .

The one I have is a Durbin Durco, and it has the cam wire holder, and a hook on both ends.
cvphoto149044.jpg

I use some 1/2'' braided nylon rope I use in it.

we had one Grandpa used it to lift milk cans into cooler being short he couldn't get ban in cooler so he hug fence stretcher from sill above cooler so he could get can in cooler

Went hardware store ,replaced rope with 30 feet of 3/8 ($9.50 ). Watch some Mark video on sail whip,end splice,and eye loop. The 3/8 works so much better , it locks and releases . I didnt know how old the old the 1/2 rope was ,use it for cow halter. So if I ever use it should do up to 650 lbs.
cvphoto149047.jpg

cvphoto149048.jpg

cvphoto149049.jpg

Any way fun project . On to something else

That latch will only work with one half inch rope so that is what it would have came with. You could put in smaller rope but the latch to hold it in place will not work. Larger will not fit in it.

I have a couple of those fence stretchers, and I still use one occasionally. Telephone workers still use them to hang and tighten the messenger cables, but the use of overhead phone wire is rapidly declining. The phone guys have a real nice wire/cable clamp that grips high tensile fence wire perfectly without crimping or skinning it. If I can remember, I'll get a picture when I walk by it today.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back