Starts, Runs And Pumps

Allan in NE

Well-known Member
Just a tad of tiding up to do yet, then I'm gonna call this live pump deal done.

Looks better with that jar-type pre-cleaner on there too. :>)

Allan

valve2.JPG
 
Looks real good allan. How would you like to come over and perform alittle bit of your magic on my tractors. Only one is red but the other is the correct shade of green (Oliver).
 
Looking Good, I'd even drive that one. Kind of worried about the spots on the floor tho. LOL
Chris
 
Yes,

That topic has come up in discussions with management lately.

Just might have to clean that filthy garage this year (Besides, I can't find my tools anymore either). :>)

Allan
 
I got two questions:

Was anything changed with the timing gears?

Did you use the belly pump reservoir?

Hopefully I can get a setup like this someday.

Thanks
 
Got 2 questions:

Did you change the timing gears?

Did you use the belly pump reservoir?

Hope I can put a setup like that on someday.

Thanks
 
She's a lookin like a theft security system should maybe in the plan. You would feel pretty bad if you wake up some morning and found someone swapped ya for a 1086
 
looks good allan. i have that set up on mine but it has power steering too. i gotta put the valves back on though. i took it off along with the crappy fener when i painted it and just ain't got around to putting it on my "new" set of fenders. now you should get your power steering plumbed into that too!
DF in WI
 
No need to change the timing gears; this tractor is a '52 and has the update.

Yep, used the belly sump with an extension.

Allan
 
Farmall built the tractor and M&W made enough add on stuff to almost make them useful. Or so I have been told ?
 
That's for sure.

In their original configuration, the darned things are just about useless in today's world. They’ll last forever, but what would ya use it for?

Nice part is that they can be updated with newer stuff from later model tractors. Down side is that it is kind of an expensive process. I’ll probably end up with $5K is tractor before I’m done. :>(

I don't like M&W setups because of the scarce parts availability, so I use all IH parts.

Allan
 
i guess i didn't realize that you had 2 live pumps on there. i was away for 3 days so i missed a lot. sure looks good though! that durned manual power steering just duned warn out huh?
DF in WI
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top