steering adjustment

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I just took apart the steering cylinder on my 1976 135 MF to find out why it was leaking power steering fluid. I found a mark that was left on the rack by the pitman gear. It was all the way at the back of the rack right next to where the steering cylinder shaft fastens on.(see picture) It looks like the rack "bottomed out" on the pitman gear and the cylinder shaft was lifted. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment that can be made to limit the steering travel?
1006590de6.jpg
 
What I do is weld a piece of 1/4 inch key stock to the spindle castings at the bottom which will keep the cyl from bottoming out you will need 4 pieces about 1/2 in long or so I broke the piston and bolt in my M F 35 had ahard time finding a piston and bolt at that time about 10 years ago. Fixed several M F 135'S that way every time I get one in my shop I do that even if Iam working on something else Before they break it just an ounce of protection doesent hurt the steering of them
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top