still need to know

I previously asked about the how far the dipstick tube is suppossed to protrude from the block on a 1020 gas. I know you said "go buy one they are cheap" and "count the threads". That is all fine and dandy and no help at all. Would someone simply measure how far this screw in tube sticks up from the block and tell me please. Thanks
 
Have you thought of draining the oil, putting the factory specified amount back in, and then seeing how far the tube needs to stick out to get a reading of "FULL" on the dipstick?

Or, ask the service manager at a dealer to let you take a peek at the shop manual. Since the dipstick tube "standout" is adjustable, it seems likely the "spec" would be in the shop manual.
 
Ya know Dennis, that is incredibly rude. A quick check of the archives shows that you only ever seem to ASK FOR HELP, and offer none of YOUR TIME and research efforts to answer questions for others.

What the heck do you expect?
 
For some reason I get the feeling that you think the members of this board owe you something. Why is that?? Why would you ask a question in such a rude fashion? Especially one that you would like to have a reasonable answer. Dont write questions in a condecending fashion when you cant even install a dipstick tube! Its not that hard of a task. If you had the manuals for your tractor I would bet that you could look it up in your trusty shop manual and have it installed in less than 5.

None of us own this board, neither do we moderate it, but we sure can make you feel like $$HH%#* for being rude.

I usually leave such topics alone, but you really got my goat this morning for some reason. If that was your goal go ahead and pat yourself on the back cause you got me good. LOL!

You might take a breather in try back in a couple of days.
 
Only tapered pipe thread is tapered. There is plenty of straight pipe thread out there.

This nipple has a machine thread on it and uses a 1/2"-13 hex nut to lock it. It's adjustable so that it can be used on other blocks.

He got the answer two pages back, but he seems reluctant to do as was suggested, which is, drain the oil, refill it, try, adjust, try, adjust, until you arrive at the setting that reflects the proper oil level on the dip stick. If he gets a measurement from just anyone there's no telling that it will be right, but if he would do the work, it's a can't miss.

He could have been done two days ago, but.....
 
I asked a simple question. I did not do it in a rude manner. All I got was a couple vague answers. I asked it again. Now I get some arrongant piece of work giving me a bunch of crap. What the heck is the matter with you jerks? I probably have more knowledge in my little finger than the bunch of you all put together. Just because I don't know the answer to this one you see fit to rip me a new one. I do have a manual and it does show the oil capacity. I will do it the slow way. I did not want to wait 2 weeks for the local dealer to get the part. And just for your info it is 1/2 X 18 USS coarse and not pipe thread as one of you knowledgabe gentleman thinks. My appologes to those of you who did not see fit to be so blasted condensending.
 
I miss typed 1/2 X13 and made it 1/2 X 18. My mistake. And just why is it you feel that I think this board owes me something? I asked a valid question. If I read this paticuler discussion board regularly and not a couple of others I may answer some of the posted questions. But then what with the nice reception I got here maybe my answers to legitimate questions would get harpooned. You folks might want to read the RED and other color boards. They don't treat other people like you seem to. Have nice day.
 
I did notice something. You don't have the urge to use your name. Why is this? Just so you and others like you can get on this sight and lambaste others without them knowing who the rude people really are. I got someones goat? What a bunch of lame garbage that is. If someone had simply said "I can measure mine if that would help" But no; you seem to like shoveling muck on folks.
 
You are not going to find anyone to sympathaize with you here. I dont think you will find anyone to agree that you should be condescending at anytime.

As for your dealer taking two weeks; you need to find another dealer, or you dont know which way is up with that story. Depending on where the part is it may take 2 days for machine down orders, or 3-4 days for stock orders as dealerships get stockorders everyday now.

As for you having more knowledge in you pinky finger. I would not deny that. I'm dumb as a box of rocks. I sometimes dont know if I'm "washing or hanging out", and many times am as lost as last years easter egg; however, I do know how to be respectful toward my fellow man.


Do you have a shop manual? I'm guessing no!

You are right you are doing it the slow way. You are asking questions that you should know the answer to if you are the mechanic that you propose to be.

You are right about us being a bunch of jerks! I bet anyone that has been around here very long would vouch for that. Those that know us personally would certainly agree that we are a bunch of self-centered low lives. We are certainly full of BS.

Have you ever had your head examined?

Do you attend anger management meetings?

Do you feel dumb yet?
 
Dennis:

If you have been around here for any length of time at all, you would know that my "handle" is F-I-T, which is the shortened version of Frank-in-Tallahassee, and my last name is Boerger, the only one in the phone book, and I have a website called fboerger.com.

You truly are clueless and an infrequent asker and not a contributor if you did not know that. I'd give you my phone number but you'd be back here asking someone to run out and write you up some instructions on how to operate the dial pad when the procedure is in the front of the phone book.

Once again, do you just ask, demand and whine, or do you contribute, help, and participate?

Frank
 
That's the second time you said 1/2-18 USS. The parts book says it's a 1/2-13.

And you DID ask it in a rude manner. You said "That is all fine and dandy and no help at all. Would someone simply measure how far this screw in tube sticks up from the block and tell me..." And you don't find that rude?

You got the correct answers three days ago. They were not vague. You were told the part is adjustable because it was used on a number of different engines, and since no one could be sure which dipstick you had, the best way to be sure what you had would be to just drain the oil, and put it back in after measuring it. Then you adjust the stem to give you the proper length. YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY THE TIME IT TOOK ME TO ONE FINGER THIS REPLY!

I just called my dealer and he said he could have your part in the morning, $9.87, plus a couple bucks I figure shipping. If your dealer told you two weeks, he's ordering it on a stock order so you don't get charged shipping. Not worth the wait.

So, now you want to risk putting the wrong thread into the engine block, depend on someone who might have a universal dipstick in their 1020, so their stem length might have been altered before they got it, and this could put you at risk of maintaining a lower level of oil in the crankcase, and you're going grouse at me for pointing this out?

You need help, man, but it ain't gonna be found here.
 
Yeah, but you mis-typed it TWICE in two different posts! You go off and have fun with your dipstick. I'm sure you'll find someone on a "friendly" forum to tell you how long it should be. You were given the correct method several times, but that doesn't seem to be good enough for you.

I have a quote for you:

"Nothing in life is more horrific than the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts."
 
I mistakenly posted in the "RED" forum and was all but thrown rocks at there were a couple of guys that were polite with me but for the most part rude.I'll try to look and see if you were one pf them.From my experiences here these guys are not there to hold your hand so they cant do it for you "the easy way" Bob suggested my problem was with fuel not my gov. some time back even though I thought otherwise he suggested this several times.(I thanked him every time)Turns out the low idle screw was the problem so Bob was on the right track just not in the fuel lines.These guys do get a little uptight when someone insults their knowledge on green related issues but you would probably be the same way if they came to you and the "red" guys in this manner.I am in no way someone to judge your intelligence but I think if you look back these guys are very helpful and know their stuff and if you were to show that you realize that your post could have been taken as an insult or rude (show it) these guys are always happy to help just my 2 cents. By the way look back a couple of pages and see how the guy with the ford 9000 was treated in here.
respectfully,Roy
 
I looked back in the archives in the farmall forum to see if Dennis was helpfull in that area HE grilled a Case guy for asking a farmall question they may be friends or know each other but its the same kind of thing I got when I mistakenly posted there on jd topics but that guy posted a farmall question. Just an observation on rudeness.
 
Roy I am curious which post on the Farmall forum you referred to about the Case fella. I did not read every one but would like to read that one. Did you find me anything other than polite in all of the other 50 some posts? It appears that I over reacted to the "go buy a new part" response I got and then the subsequent demeaning verbal abuse I was expected to take. Had all of us been standing face to face I suspect I would have gotten a meaningful answer in the first place, or at least I could have seen the grin indicating a light hearted delivery.. It appears that we all must have had a we bit of a bad one brewing. Sorry for setting a sour tone on this board. Dennis
 
No, I think if we had been standing face to face you would have never asked a question in such a rude fashion.

We can excuse stupidity, but arrogance combined with stupidity? I dunno? That one is a little tougher, however I am working on it. Perseverance produces patience... or so they say?

As Roy D. Mercer says "Just how big of an old boy are ya?"

So.....installed that dipstick tube yet?
 
I think it was something about someone being an orange guy what was he doing in the red slipping. It may have been a light hearted poke at fun as I suggested yall might be friends but your response seemed to me as a bit rude and it wasn't to me and maybe just a little courtesy here will get you more respect as I am sure you expect from others I am only 32 years old but my grandfather taught me to be humble even in tough circumtances as these.IT may sound bias but I think I would drain the oil and refill it then adjust the tube accordingly so that (I would KNOW FOR SURE) its right. I think that in hindsight you might think you next post should have been sorry I didn't mean to sound rude and this could have been avoided.
respectfully,Roy
 
You think this is bad go to johnnypopper.com--you would have been strung up by now. Very seldom I come to either one of these places anymore--there are better.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top