Stripped nut

troyr

Member
'39 Allis B,The 1 1/2" nut that holds the hub for the rear wheels is stripped.I went to our largest nut&bolt store,and they didn't have anything.I was thinking I might take it down to a machine shop on monday to see what they could do.I would like to order new ones though.They don't have to be original,it can be a normal hexagon nut that fits the threads on the rear axel.Anyone know where I could find some?Troy in Wa.
v5015.jpg
 
Is that a Minnesota-Ontario moose... It looks much too large to be one of those little ones from Washington/Idaho?
 
When you find one, buy Two, Cut across the threads several places, of one, to make a thread cleaner/chaser.
My .02 worth.
 
The same nut holds the bull gear in place inside the final drives. Any Allis scrap yard will have them. Roger VanCamp for one.
 
Between the computer and a telephone some place will have a new nut. Fastenall will have one or a dozen overnite but they gots to know you need one.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top