Super 55 diesel issues

NYOlivers

What can cause the crank case to fill with fuel? Would a bad mechanical lift pump or injection pump seals? Used the tractor for about two hours yesterday running a brush hog. Once the tractor was warmed up it started loosing power and missing then stalled. I could not restart it even with a small shot of either. I checked it out and had a half tank of fuel and fuel at all the filters also at the line feeding the injection pump. The fuel stop ended up being pulled out some. I Pushed it back in and the tractor fired right up. I thought maynbe a stick or something kicked up and hit the fuel stop lever. It then happened two more times while I was finishing up mowing. The cable was not pulled out, I actually caught it the last time and kept the tractor running. I got off and pushed the shut off lever the engine would surge while I did that'll and it acted like the lever would move it self to toward the stop position. I wonder if the internal linkage in the pump is getting warn bad. So today I went out to finsh up mowing and while checking the oil I found the crank case way over full with fuel and oil mixed. Hopefully Dieseltech sees this post and can shed some light on this issue I am having. Tractor has a bosch injection pump also mechanical fuel lift pump on the right side of the engine.

I replaced my lift pump with a electric one on my S 88. Just find one with about 4, or 6 pound pressure.
Thinking back, I think mine is a 6 pound.

This post was edited by J.Wondergem on 11/10/2021 at 06:45 am.

The lift pump would be my first choice as well. Once the diaphragm gets compromized fuel runs right into the oil pan. A historically common problem on engines with a mechanical fuel pump.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back