super m over oiled

(quoted from post at 00:53:35 04/08/23) Yes, that style live pump was from the M&W live pump kit. A Cast iron pump instead of the aluminum pump IH
used. I have that same M&W pump on Dad's '51 M out in my shop.

great info Dr !

Hopefully someone on here will know where to get the M&W seal. Do you suppose someone robbed the resivor under the gas tank since the bolts look as they were temp replaced, if u look close ! Just belly res for now, Its a step up from my H with a Lion loader.

Thx for yr comments and help.

There was never a reservoir under the gas tank on that tractor. That only came on Stage II Super M's and Super MTA's with the factory live hydraulics.

The battery box is what's missing under your gas tank. The sticky-uppy bolts there are what the battery box slots on to, and is then held from sliding out sideways by a small bolt on a tab.

Someone has added the under-seat battery box from a later tractor to yours.

Humm, ok , What all would it take to just remove the aftermarket distrib pump with bad seal and just use the belly pump then?

If it were me, I'd take the pump off and take the seal out then take the seal to a bearing house and have them match up the seal with a new one and put it back together.

You have what's now called a stage two SM that came without a engine driven hydraulic pump. Bracket bolted to rear fuel tank support for stater choke and belt pulley rods was only used on stage 2 without a pump when built. If pump didn't damage from low oil they are not hard to replace seal. Can get the seal from several suppliers. Will have the seal number wrote down if I can find without to much trouble for the M&W. Just removing pump depends on if internals removed from liftall unit. Probably has the drive cross removed to drive it and you will need a ignition drive housing to replace pump and drive the distributor. Seal CR 7443 or SKF 7443.

This post was edited by D Slater on 04/10/2023 at 05:33 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back