My sweet corn is looking great! It was planted very late for N. Florida, around the end of April. It"s been fertilized with around 180 lbs of nitrogen per acre in 3 applications. Only a couple dozen or so plants in 5 acres show signs of corn earworm damage to the whorls and leaves. So far, I"ve used atrazine to keep the weeds at bay, and it"s done a great job. My question is, what should I use on the corn earworms that I know will come? Most of the corn is tassleing and beginning to silk now. I"m not too concerned about the use of herbicides, but some of the insecticides I"d rather keep out the food the family and friends will be eating. Some of the online research I"ve done says I may need to spray 5 times to keep the little buggers out of the ears??? Any recommendations on the best insecticide and spray intervals? Looking forward to your recommendations.