T0-20, TE-20, TO-30???

Camel

New User
Good morning folks, I was looking at a discussion about the different ways to tell what old Ferguson you may have and to my understanding the TOs are built in the US and Canada and the TEs are from England. Ok I got it, the discussion went on to the difference between TO-20 & TO-30, so the 20s have the oil filter inside the oil pan and the 30s are outside the engine. Ok I got that too. I have a inside oil filter (TO-20) a dash with a air filter vent (TO-30) and 19 spline axles (TO-30 Im assuming) my data plate is completely unreadable. Any ideas of what this thing actually is? Its challenging ordering the right parts [/i]

how i was taught to identify 20 and 30 and 35 engines, 20 series engine z120 had oil filter inside steel oil pan, 30 series z129 had oil filter horizontal out side the steel oil pan, 35 series z134 had oil filter on a 45 degree angle up
from engine and oil pan was now cast iron

for identifying the rear half of tractor, as sometimes all kinds of parts get swapped around, the 20 series axle housings had even spaced bolts where the housing meeting the rear end. on the 30 series, the lower half of the bolts are
doubled up,

(reply to post at 01:17:11 03/14/22)
yeah I have the steel oil pan and the Z120 Continental engine but when I pulled the axle yesterday I realized that it wasnt the 16 spline that the TO-20 was supposed to have (or thats what I thought) so Im starting to wonder if I have a Frankenstein on my hands. It wouldnt surprise me because its been a basket case with decades of abuse and neglect. Ive been trying to give it some love but as soon as I repair something I need to repair something else, Im not trying to restore it and Im not a purist so upgrades and alterations are fine but I need to know what I have

It probably is a Frankenstine.

Common for that to happen over the years.

Once you get everything up and going though, and aware that there might be parts discrepancies, it should
make you a reliable tractor. At its age problems are to be expected.

(quoted from post at 07:41:13 03/14/22) It probably is a Frankenstine.

Common for that to happen over the years.

Once you get everything up and going though, and aware that there might be parts discrepancies, it should
make you a reliable tractor. At its age problems are to be expected.

When I removed the axle I removed the bearing retaining collar but the bearing itself slid right off. My research said it had to be pressed off. I`m not sure what the deal is there but I`m sure its a problem. Any thoughts on that?

according to bundy bears shed, a guy on you tube from Australia that i find very useful in the ways of ferguson, he says only early TE20 axles were 16 spline and they were changed to 19 spline which carried thru the rest of 20 series,
30 and 35 fyi

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back