TD6 Crawler Tractor - serial tag location

I'm trying to find the age/series and value of my TD-6 crawler. I found the serial number list on tractordata.com , but can’t seem to find the ID plate on the crawler. Any suggestions where I should look to find it? I quickly found the engine ID plate, it may give some clues as to age and series. Also, some guy is trying to sell one for $12,500.00 online and another guy has sold his for scrap metal. I’m not considering scraping it and I also can’t see anyone giving $12,500.00, it runs and is in nice shape and has a front dozer blade and a PTO drive. Someone out there needs it for their collection or farm museum. I would rather not see it sell for a parts unit. Thank you for your help! Todd from Michigan.

Well Todd, funny you should ask. I just opened the bottom of mine and found a piston broken all the heck in one cylinder and need to make a decision on what to do. Mine is a 1957 and the time has come that I could really use it out on the farm for a lot of reasons...but it may be more expensive to fix than it is worth. I would be interested in talking to you about yours.

When I bought mine it was a good running tractor and I paid $1,500 for it. Haw Bucyrus Erie blade on the front (the one with the arched arms that was made for the IH crawlers. Not a ton of people want them but there are a few around who like crawlers. Why don't you give me a shout and we can take this off the forum as it is not necessarily an approved topic.

My email is open on modern view but if you cannot get thru post back here and I will put it in a post.

The serial # tag is located on the firewall just ahead of the brake pedals. I dont remmember if it is left or right of the air cleaner

its on the right side. the serial # tag may have got torn off or lost. but you should see the four little holes there from it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back