Thanks for the help!

larry@stinescorner

Wrong or right,we decided on central air,,with ductwork and 16 seer carrier unit,,no heat pump

The wife doesnt want units hanging on the wall,,she doesnt want window units either

We have a very good oil furnace with hot water baseboard,,she likes it

She is familar with central air,,its what she wants,,she will be happy,,so,,I Will

We are at the age that we do what is comfortable for us.

I did look into the mini split,,but she doesnt want anything on the walls.

Thanks again for all the input!!!

Larry

The still haven't convinced the heat pumps are the big money saver they claim to be. I did the on line comparison of heating my hot water with a heat pump water heater and my current oil fired add on to my hot water furnace and the furnace came out ahead. You also need to figure in the initial cost and how long it takes to recover it in savings. IMO

I try to stay out of the heat pump debate.
I live in a different climate zone than most of you so what works for me may not work for you.
And pointing out a different point of view is a stab in the back insult to some here.

But I will say you will love central air if you have never had it.
For over all comfort with no hot and cold spots you can not beat central heat and air in my opinion.

Hot water baseboard is a comfortable heat source. In your climate probably a better choice than heat pump. Even though Im generally a heat pump booster.

You will enjoy the WHOLE house being cool and no hot spots or cold spots. Also good for heating with the correct source for your area. Enjoy either way. Our unit also senses humidity and lowers it in a special low fan mode so the comfort is even better. Life's too short.

Heat pumps dont make sense in very cold climates.

Congratulations on YOUR choice for what best suits YOU and most important YOUR WIFE, thanks for the update. Unfortunately when it comes to home heating as well as other things, as said, there's no free lunch

John T

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back