Thanksgiving tractor sale in Pa

Just got back from a sale in PA today. I think the recession is over after what I saw today. Prices were way higher than last year. Just to list a few: Farmall M new paint/new tires 5000.00. JD 60 wide front, front weights, 3pt, new paint, and new tires 7700.00. JD 730 new paint new tires 13,500.00. They couldn't get 10,500 for one with wide front and just as nice last year. Farmall SMTA in the junk row brought 2250.00. And the one that really shocked me was a 9n painted like an 8n sold for 2500.00. Most of the tractors were sold on the high side for the market in today economy. Just thought you'd like to know. Ed

I have been kind of looking for another tractor, and I just can not get over what they are asking for 30 and 40 year old tractors.

I agree with Vito. And--it could have been one of those auctions where the bidders get into a "feeding frenzy" and or the auction guys had someone bidding things up.

My guess is that you were at Wolgemuth's auction in Leola. I watched it over the internet. More than 400 tractors sold yesterday!

Yea it was Wolgemoth's in Leola. I don't know the exact amount but it wasn't as many as last year. This auction doesn't have the normal run-up people in the crowd like some of them. I know the M wasn't run up because the got it to 4900 and the owner was there and said 5000 was the amount he wanted and the hi bidder paid the extra 100 to make it 5000. That happened a few times. As for the Yuppies, it seemed like regular people to me. Just spending money. A few things did, in my opionion, go cheap. But most got good money and some really good money.

Know how you feel. I go to auctions and see auctioneers biiding tractors up and buying them to take them back to their place and resell them at a higher price yet. If you go to a farm sale, there will be some auction guy there trying to get a cheap machine before some farmer can. They'll be a featured item in the next sale at the acutioneers. I've even seen some of these auctioneers travel hundreds of miles, bid a tractor past a farmer, then take it to their auction, resell it to another auctioneer, etc. until someone finally gets an unreal price for a piece of junk. The American way...

donjr,I don't see your rant on jockeys buying at auctions.It is a business that supports them,others and pays taxes,not like these people that hit up every small or large sale and buy today and post on E-Bay-Craigslist to night and probily don't pay any taxes on that income.Used furnture,cars,tractors-imp.,and etc is a business and these people don't pay more then it is worth(as a rule).And NO I'am not one but I know several and they are a good gauge as to what something is worth.(at least to them)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back