PicsResults-Estate Sale 6 Tractors-Low Mile 2005 Chev PU

1206SWMO

Yesterday I attended the Wayne Houston estate sale held NW of Richards,MO..Mr Houston had recently passed at the age of 93..He drove his tractors up until the last year of his life...It was a beautiful sunny fall day with temps in the low 60's..This was a huge sale and two rings were run for lots of the day...Needless to say there was a large crowd in attendance with some coming from over 100 miles away....Lots were there to see the low mile 2005 Chevy PU..
cvphoto109368.jpg

cvphoto109372.jpg

cvphoto109373.jpg

Mr Houston purchased this 2005 Chevy 2500 brand new and the window sticker was there with a price of $36,396 on it...At sale time it had 28,383 one owner miles..It was not totally flawless as there was slight damage to the tail gate and a scratch was under the right door...From a distance you couldn't see the damage..It also was going to need 4 new tires..The bidding started at 10K and I think 20 people all bid at the same time..In a few seconds it was at 20K and the bidding slowed down some at 25K...In only a couple of minutes it sold for $27,000...I had guessed it at 25K..

cvphoto109380.jpg

This nice running 706 IH LP gas with a good Dual loader sold for $4,000...I was runner-up bidder at $3,950..It had new 18.4x34 rear tires..
cvphoto109382.jpg

The 4430 John Deere with Westendorf loader sold for $18,500..The rear tires were like new....The prices on 4430 JD's are really climbing fast.

cvphoto109383.jpg

This 4430 John Deere sold for $20,250...The rear tires had lots of tread but the bars on both tires were messed up..The same buyer purchased both 4430's and lots were wondering why the one with no loader was worth more??

cvphoto109384.jpg

The non running 3010 JD gas sold for $1,450..

cvphoto109388.jpg

The non running John Deere 60 sold for $550.
cvphoto109389.jpg

The non running Ford 601 sold for $1,400..The right rear tire was bad.

cvphoto109390.jpg

The Bush Hog #1815 15 ft sold for $15,000...It was like new..

I'll be back with 10 more..

cvphoto109391.jpg

This nice John Deere 535 baler sold for $4,000...The squeeze chute to the left sold for $2,500...
cvphoto109392.jpg

The Explore MX 8-10 rake sold for $3,850..

cvphoto109393.jpg

The D-7 Cat sold for scrap at $1,300..
cvphoto109394.jpg

(11) new D-7 Cat rollers sold for $350 total...Just one is worth more than that...The scrapper got them..
cvphoto109395.jpg

The WW 16 ft cattle trailer sold for $1,500...

cvphoto109396.jpg

The 2014 Tiger 18 ft bumper trailer sold for $3,800..It was nice but only had 3500 lb axles..
cvphoto109397.jpg

The White 26 ft disk sold for $1,000.
cvphoto109398.jpg

The 15 ft Bush Hog sold for $1,050.
cvphoto109399.jpg

The 6 ft disk sold for $400..
cvphoto109400.jpg

The Eversman dirt scraper sold for $2,100..

cvphoto109401.jpg

The like new Lincoln 225 amp stick welder sold for $160..There was absolutely tons of tools, lawn mowers, weedeaters, etc...You name it and he had more than one of each..
cvphoto109402.jpg

They were selling a bunch of guns when I took this picture..Lots sold in the $300-600 range...The highest one was a Marlin 30-30 that sold for $900..
cvphoto109403.jpg

There were several rows of older smaller machinery that hadn't been used in years...Most was in the $100-500 range...A Brillion seeder sold for $1,200..

cvphoto109404.jpg

Looking north from the sale as I'm leaving...I went home a different way than I came up..This is in a higher part of my county and the locals call it the high country...Not far to the East-SE its pretty much level for miles...
cvphoto109405.jpg

Looking east from the sale...Theres lots of double crop beans in this area that haven't been cut..They got put out late and froze so aren't ready..I even saw some corn and early beans left to harvest.

cvphoto109406.jpg

Heading east on the way home from the sale on the Stotesbury road...This low and narrow RR underpass has been a bottleneck in this area for years..Its been hit more than once..

The farm sale season is about over and this might be the last one of the year???My first camera played out so I used another one that I got on eBay real cheap...You cant change the date.
cvphoto109407.jpg

The old store at Rinehart,MO...I took this picture in 2018..

I'm lucky to live in area where theres farms ranging in size from 40 acres to 10,000 acres...Some still farm with 30-60 year old stuff which is what I like to see sell..The time is fastly coming when these type of sales will all be gone forever but I'm at the age where I will be gone with them..I dont care for online auctions and love being at live farm sales where you run in to people that you haven't seen in years-etc...I get around lots and still drive by several farms that have tons of old stuff sitting on them....Maybe I will get to see it sell some day..

I kind of wished now that I had bid on the 706 IH one more time....Maybe $4,000 was his limit too?

1206--I wish you lived closer--I would invite myself to ride along once in awhile--maybe?? THANKS---Tee

We had a couple good ones earlier in the year in NW MO. I agree I dont like the online auctions either. And unfortunately you are correct sadly the days of a farm sale will probably not be around much longer. That 3010 would of got my attention I grew up on a 3020 and 4020 bailing hay for a guy. If you ever see a John Deere 43 con shelled let me know. My son is looking for one. He has been picking corn up out of the neighbors field and shelling it with an old Blackhawk hand crank shelter.

Nice pics and excellent report.

Something to ponder all.....
I have a 17, 14, and soon to be 11 yrs old.
With the sales just coming up (in time), as several will be retiring, getting out, what will be the odds my kids and others will have anything decent to farm on with. Let alone find parts! Pay UP! Only thing I know to do.
Henry county, Mo GG

(quoted from post at 15:35:00 11/28/21) Thanks for posting. Its always fun to see prices in a different area.

"Thanks for posting. Its always fun to see prices in a different area."

X2!

If we lived closer you would be more than welcome to ride along to some of these sales..I had a sale (see link below) to go to this coming Saturday near Lamar,MO but the MSTPA banquet is this Sat eve at Warrensburg,MO which is 100 miles to the north so I cant go....Thanks to those rims that you sold me,the 1466 IH won the 2021 MSTPA 10500 Hot Stock points title so I'd probably better be there to get the check-etc.....Emma is planning on having more horsepower next year so I will have to work even harder in 2022...I plan to speed the 1466 IH up 1.8 mph so that I can run the first 200 ft at lower rpms and then hammer it...Here I am weighing in at Holden..
cvphoto109428.jpg

Sale At Lamar

cvphoto109429.jpg

Would that JD #43 corn sheller looked like this? It sold earlier this year about 25 miles from me....I cant remember ever seeing another one..

Yep thats exactly what we are after. Getting his 2n running this winter that he bought with his walnut picking money. We will have too much in it when done but he should remember old dad every time he starts it up.

Hard luck on those rollers, there's a bunch of those old D7's still out there earning their keep, part time at least.
Probably genuine Cat too, I'd have loved to bought that as a parts tractor, just the CCU on the back alone would be worth it.

Quit posting pictures of old equipment and lets see some one-room schoolhouses 1206!!!!! Super job as usual, thanks. Consistently surprised how reasonable hay tools go for in the MO/KS area.

Grandpa has a 2005 Chevrolet 1500 pickup he bought brand new. It's up to low 30k miles now, it had 22k miles until a few years ago when grandpa told dad and I to drive the thing so it didn't sit there and rot away. I took grandpa to get new tires on it a 3-4 years ago, the OEM tires still had half tread but they were so dry rotted they leaked thru the side walls. It's had it's fair share of problems from sitting and age, regardless of the low miles. Front hub failed, brake line failure, it has a clunk in the steering you can feel thru the steering wheel (fixed it once and it came back a couple months later), misc. electrical gremlins and the frame is rusted as #e!! in 30,000 miles but I'm sure someone would be on cloud 9 to have it because it is a low mile, one owner truck. Early 2000's GM quality...........

I'd have given a lot more than that for the JD 60. The sheet metal and carburetor alone are worth more that the $550.

I have an identical spec '05 except mine is a crew cab and has 114,000 miles on it. I ran a KBB on it recently and it came in at about $15,000 retail. Thinking I'll keep it awhile longer since it appears it's a bad time to buy a new or used truck.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back