the ABSOLUTE most comfortable steel toe boots,,??

rockwind1

as i approach my late 20's (in Martian years),, my feet like comfy boots,, the metal strap on the outside of my ankle doesn't help,, it goes right on top of the ankle bone that that sticks out. my hiking/hunting boots i have got figured out over the years but they are not steel toed for doing tractor work.

i prefer pretty supple leather, a little over ankle high to keep out debris, and a cushiony insole. I love comfortable shoes. is there any other guys out there that have found some super comfy boots that don't need a lot of break in? i was looking at some Georgia boots like these,,

https://www.georgiaboot.com/wedge/georgia-boot-usa-wedge-steel-toe-work-boot/GB00357.html

I have been wearing Red Wing #2408 steel toe boot for work for over 20 years now. These never need any type of break in time for
me. Just my 2 cents worth of info. Good luck on your search. Kow Farmer Kurt

I've never found a steel toe shoe/boot that I liked. Always had cold feet due to the steel plus watched a guy loose all his toes due to him doing something stupid. Big roll of aluminum went rolling and he tried to stop it with one of his steel toe boots and the roll crushed the end of the boot and didn't even slow down

Before I retired (10 years ago) I had to wear steel toed boots (work required them ), for comfort and durability and literally no
break-in Masons were my choice!!

(quoted from post at 11:09:55 01/05/22) I've never found a steel toe shoe/boot that I liked. Always had cold feet due to the steel plus watched a guy loose all his toes due to him doing something stupid. Big roll of aluminum went rolling and he tried to stop it with one of his steel toe boots and the roll crushed the end of the boot and didn't even slow down

slightly new to the farm tractor world and i was loading some implements the other day with a forklift and i had to take the teeth out of a land leveler so it would fit in my truck, and it was hanging there from the forklift about eye level and i stupidly pulled the pin and the tooth,,, so very naturally and obviously, fell down and just missed my non-steel toed shoes,, and i thought, "dude,, you have known about gravity your entire life,, why is this a surpise?"

(quoted from post at 11:09:55 01/05/22) I've never found a steel toe shoe/boot that I liked. Always had cold feet due to the steel plus watched a guy loose all his toes due to him doing something stupid. Big roll of aluminum went rolling and he tried to stop it with one of his steel toe boots and the roll crushed the end of the boot and didn't even slow down

i have heard of this happening as well but have never witnessed it,, i do think that maybe the steel toes do provide good protection though, except in those extreme cases maybe. i have not had to wear them since i retired many years ago and i do think they are uncomfortable, was hoping technology had improved in the last 10 years and all the farmers had found a great boot by now

While steel toe boot help save you foot if say you drop something 50-100 lbs on your foot they don't help if say and engine block falls on your foot and the steel toe can/will cut your toes off or at the very least make it so the boot has to be cut off you foot. Same holds true with working on any thing electrical and wearing a ring. If the ring gets shorted across say a car battery you finger can be burned off. Years ago I knew a gal that I asked out and that is when O found she was married. She could not wear a ring because that finger was missing. She had climb up on a shelve and then jumped off and her ring got caught on a nail and well he finger stay on the shelve

I personally wear Danner Viscious work boots. Composite
safety toe. They are lightweight and in my opinion
comfortable. They are also 8 inch boots though. Current pair
is a year and half old and holding up well. I do road
construction as my primary occupation and these boots get
worn hard. Only thing is they are supposed to be waterproof
which they are not. Never were since brand new. I have
muck boots for wet weather.

Think the lesson to be learned there is, "don't do stupid stuff," NOT "steel toed boots are bad."

A steel toed boot isn't a license to stop paying attention to your surroundings and to think before you act. They're not foolproof and you will always find corner cases where they don't work. You can find corner cases where any piece of safety equipment caused more harm than good. The steel toed boots cut the guy's toes off when he tried to stop a train car with his foot. The hardhat didn't protect the guy from the brick that fell from 20 stories up. The safety harness got wrapped around the guy's neck as he fell and strangled him.

Until recently, I never got much life out of steel toe boots because the leather would get cut or wear out over the steel toe and before long the whole front of
the boot would be ruined. I saw an add for KG's Boot Guard, and ordered some -kgsbootguard dot com. It is basically a small jar of truck bed liner that you brush
over the front of the boot, and it protects the leather from wearing through to the steel toe. I had one pair where I finally wore a small hole through the bed
liner on the toe, so I just applied some more of it and got several more years out of the boots before they were finally wore out. They also have kevlar boot
laces, and they pretty well last the life of the boots. It's good stuff.

Regarding wearing the leather over steel toes:
There is made a product called Tuff-Toe. It's a couple tubes of epoxy you mix and
paint over the steel toes of the boots. Best to do when the boots are new.
I've never had it chip or wear off and I really abused the toes of my boots.

To me, the Georgia boot is the best for my use. Thinsulite boot is warm in the winter and not hot in the summer---was outside in below zero winter weather. Had 3 pair of them over a 16 year time frame. Gary.

I wear wolverine anthem steel toes. I buy them on
Amazon and they are basically all I have worn for the last
4? Years. I wear out a set in about 10 months of constant
use. They are comfy, steel toe and waterproof.

I like the timberland , so comfortable , hate to put them on , so relaxed , rather sleep than work in them
cvphoto113163.jpg

cvphoto113164.jpg

cvphoto113165.jpg

I too like the composite toe protection over steel. Steel toed shoe/boots always made my toes/feet cold in the winter. Went to composite and the winter time problems went away. Plus the boots were lighter. gobble

Im wearing a pair of Justin pull on right now. They are
comfortable to me. These are square toe the pair before were
round toe. I cant stand a lace up. As far as getting your toes
cut off by a steel toe just what do you think would happen with
non steel toe in the same situation. Tony

I bought a pair of Keen steel toe shoes last summer. Very comfortable and a lot less the Red Wing.

Don't buy a wedge sole boot if you do any ladder work or have a narrow step to get on tractor. Your foot can slip thru the rung.

I am very hard on boots and have tried many brands and types. I have settled on Timberland Pro . Very durable and comfortable, not much break in time needed . Only drawback is they are heavy, but I got used to that.

I've never had a need for steel toe shoes and don't buy them. I have trouble finding shoe wide enough for me. Need a EEE so those stupid rice made shoes think a wide is about a C for an EW or I assume is supposed to mean extra wide. Got a pair of wolverines suck to narrow. Red Wing quits making every model I buy and like so now not sure what I'm going to get.

That's what I wear too. Mine are the hard composite toe, I wear them every day and they do hold up very well compared to many other brands I havd tried. And for the way they fit because I have a fairly wide foot

Im a Keen shoe convert to. Last pair I got had composite toe and never feel cold like a metal toe cap. No real break either.

I usually buy from tractor supply, or other stores that have work boots, steel or not. non toed boots, do not last me very long at all. when working , feet get banged around a lot, I hate to stub toe, with a regular pair of western boots. better to have thick leather, steel, or composite toes, than none, have saved my toes over the years.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back