The broken spline (1105)

Anonymous-0

Got to find a new one
4313.jpg

Lyle,

I imagine if i go back to the beginning I can get the answer, but what shaft/spline is that?

I have a very close friend that is all about Massey, I'll ask him what his thoughts are as to where to begin to look. (However, I know you're a long way from us.)

Brad

Hi brad, I dont think I will have a problem finding that shaft. The biggest part of this job is that I have a gear that has 2 cogs offand that is in the rear end part of the tractor, before I go any deeper Im gonna get a service manual. I had tore this apart last spring, I have a good memory but its very short.LOL My nieghbor is supposed to have a manual and is gonna drop it off to me in a couple of days. I would like to share this project with you guys if you have no complaints. I do not want to out wear my welcome here. Uncle tony says you guys are a great bunch and are very helpful :D

this is just a thought, but it appears that the other gear was not fully engaging on that shaft, causing that to happen.???

Bonjour tate da peosh. did you get the Fawcett website I emailed you?...last night? I would call them for you... but I have no idea what I would be talking about!... like usual.
So the gear it meshies into is semi stripped out too? Yep. Call Fawcett.
Worry about the books 'after' you locate the missing pieces. If this is like my Perkins gas, you might be searching for the only good one available on the planet, so beat the world to the punch eh?

(quoted from post at 18:03:51 12/06/11) Been following these posts with interest. had similar thing happen with my 1155 this fall. Haven"t taken things apart yet but but now I see what I"m in for.
i jim b, maybe we aint that far apart, Im from valleyview alberta, When I start to work on it I will keep you posted. Hopefully I can give you some info so you can work on yours.

Lyle:
I would appreciate being able to follow your progress. Would you have had to split the tractor at the front of the tranny to make the repairs if you had known that the clutch wasn't the problem? By the way, I live on the east side of the province (east of Tisdale) so am not close to where you are.

(quoted from post at 20:29:55 12/06/11) Lyle:
I would appreciate being able to follow your progress. Would you have had to split the tractor at the front of the tranny to make the repairs if you had known that the clutch wasn't the problem? By the way, I live on the east side of the province (east of Tisdale) so am not close to where you are.
o, I dont believe I would have. :wink:

(quoted from post at 20:29:55 12/06/11) Lyle:
ey jim b, if you have any questions that you dont want to ask on the site, heres my add..... my name at hotmail dot com Or anybody for that matter....Lyle

Worthington had sent me a box load of wrong parts for my 165. That was alright tho, most of then were worth more than the parts I ordered. I had to find correct parts elsewhere. They never responded to my emails or phone calls, so that's cool. But they will never be recommended by me for anything. If you live near them, and can compare parts side by side, fine. Mailorder buyers beware....
Fawcett's in St Mary's ONt, DW Machine in Washington state, Grigg's in Miss, and this site's store usually gets problems resolved better than Worthington.

Sad to hear that. I live about 10 miles from the main store and two of the salesmen are personal friends. Always treated me right. Merle

Make sure the transmission shaft that mates to this shaft is OK. Tractors with high hours and/or a heavy worklife will have this wear. I have an early 1100D to part out with this problem. Also check the pto coupler and shafts while you are there, they will wear too along with the flywheel coupler. Hydraulic charging pump is driven by pto input shaft.

If you have multi-power shaft is #521974M92, if it's an 8 speed shaft #523173M91. Try Kuhns equipment here in Illinois their the largest MF dealer in the midwest with 5 stores and a long history, plus they also have parts tractors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back