The hyd stop,Rod

fastfarmall

Hi,Anybody ever fixed [welded and true up the grooves] on the hyd stop adjusting rod, on the 2 point hitch cylinder. I broke mine about at mid point, came out in two pieces! The local machine shop said they don't have a small enough cutter to replicate the small teeth on the rod! I am sure it was made at a machine shop that put all them notches in the rod. i am talking about the piece that you put your index finger in,to pull or push, to adjust the depth on the two point hitch. Help

No, are you familiar with what shuts off the oil on a two point hitch lift cylinder, there's a little 3/8 rod, with a finger hold on one end, integral to the cylinder that's used to touch the button to stop the oil flow, that little 3/8 rod has a lot of notches in it, to give the operator a infinite number of places to set the depth! Them re the notches they say they cant replicate!

If it were mine I would grind the parts to a point and weld the rod trying not to use up too much of the grooves. Grind it round again and possibly use a hack saw to cut grooves. This is not a high tech part and they usually have a lot of slop in the hole. If you can't get the grooves you only lose the travel where you welded the rod.

Hi Used, i got a 400=450 book,i looked it up, i couldn't believe that didn't list the rod separate also, but i called Bates, they said they had some one, make up some, the price was 175.00 American.

Why not buy a cylinder stop and clamp it on the cylinder rod to stop the hitch at the height you want. That is what came with and what I use when I have my IH 100 mower on.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back