The mag and other stuff

Lanse

Well-known Member
I guess i can post now!! Yay!

I got the Mag today and havve no clue if it really works, and dont know what im doing. Old told me to cup my hand over the dohicky and spin it slowly.

It works.

How do i tell how good the spark is?? What should i know about handling it, mounting it on the tractor, and clenaing it up?? Theres some white stuff in the spark plug wire holes and i guess i'll unscrew that and knock it out. Where could i get the spark plug wires??
 
Lanse the white stuff if from dirt dubbers. Just clean it out real well and is you have a small wire brush like in a gun cleaning kit use them to shine things up. If it did in fact zap you when you spun it over you probably are good to go since it had to jump a spark gap of more then 1/4 inch to zap you. As far as mounting look in the manual I sent you it will tell you more then I can on here
Hobby farm
 
Walt, he should have what he needs. When I sent him the mag I also sent him the complete manual for that mag by way of the net. But yes it never hurts to have as much info as you can get.
 
If you must know how good the spark is,go through the same exercise but spin it FASTER.but I don't think I would bother,..take it as a given.
 
If the impulse on the mag is working, spinning it faster won't make a difference. The impulse provides the snap you hear when you turn the mag over. It allows a spark to be created even at slow cranking speeds.

When I test a mag for spark, I clamp the base of the mag in a vise, connect a wire and spark plug to one of the ports on the cap, and spin the mag over with an adjustable wrench. I find the wrench keeps my hands from getting pinched.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top