The NEW DEAL!!!

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
For those of you who have been following my thread on the loader...here is the "New" Deal...I have one guy who wants my loader next week for $3500.00 so he says...But check this I have the other guy who wants to trade the 146 Loader, I told him by Sunday to have either $2000.00 and the 146 loader, and I keep my Joysticks or he has to come up with 3500.00 straight out!!! Now I told him he has to come from 1500 now to 2000.00!!
Or I just wait until next week for $3500.00 from the other guy..

So is $2000.00 good enough?
 
Be careful not to fish with more than the legal number of hooks. All parties suffer when they think you are selling to them, and don't. Make the decision then live with it. I also think the trade loader is too small in stature for your tractor, sell to the first guy, ans buy a loader when you really need one, and can afford the correct fit to the tractor. JimN
 
new deal eh! well if you sell anything sell it complete joysticks everything, then the buyer wont be mad about something saying he didnt get what he wanted for that money later because there will be something, sell as is where is, because it is used :~)
 
Man, what a guy will do for green paint. I'd tell him to add another 3500 to the 3500 he wants to spend an go buy a brand new Alo....
 
Mornin' Raleigh,

Guess I just don't understand all the tradin', sellin' and buying you're doing.

I've got the Farmhand version of that loader and it works equally well on a 70 horse tractor or a 135 horse outfit.

At 80 horse, your 4020 ought to handle it just fine if you have the approiate mounts. Why would you want the somewhat smaller loader?

What am I missing here?

Allan
 

Allan
4020's are 94 hp from factory not 80. How can you have a Farmhand version of a JD 158 loader built only by JD in Horicon,Wisconsin? I wasn't aware that JD built frt end loaders for other companys. Maybe my old-timers is getting worse. Green is purtier than red! He-He Tx Jim
 
Measure your 4020 at the drawbar; not even close to 90hp.

Look at both the John Deere loaders, then go look at the Farmhands. Pretty much dentical except for the mounts.

Allan
 
Well Allen
In these hard times I am trying to get some equity out of my equipment. Also It seems that this 158 REALLY sort cumbersom on this tractor. It will fit and work but it just seems it could be a size or two smaller. But the main thing is get some cash out of this thing.
Alot of people ask about the tractor being for sale. I don't want to sale the tractor I would rather keep it really. But If I had to sale it I would, then I would have to hunt up another 4020. I just rather keep my 4020 and get some cash for the loader..
 
Man you don't seem to like John Deere...the 4020 was the best tractor ever put on the ground hands down...only weeknes is that it does not have 4 wheel drive..
 
Not sure of the exact numbers,but if one owned an early 4020 gas then these were less hp than the diesels. I was thinking the early gas was in the 80's hp range ? Then the later gas engines got a cubic inch increase and upped the hp to near the diesels. But the few diesels I dynoed were more than rated they can easily go 100-105 hp
 
A JD 148 loader would work better than the 146. Wasn't the 146 made for the utility tractors made by John Deere.
 
Allan
I guess I missed where you stated the "drawbar HP was 80HP" when you stated JD 4020's were 80HP in your original post. I think syncrorange transmission equipped 4020's were advertised at 84 drawbar HP back when I sold them.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top