They are different?

So I have performed a sort of Marriage by mounting a John Deere mowing deck under an Allis Chalmers CA. The mower works great
and with the clutch on the right wheel it sort of is like a live pto. So I took it over to mow around a piece of land I have. It
has a few side hills and as I mowed the wheel on the down hill side would make a real bad racket. It has Power shift wheels and
even with the cams all turned tight, the rails would scoot an 1/8 inch in and out as I drove. That is were the racket came from.
I found that I had some more cast brackets for power shift rims that had a 5/16 bolt that could be tighten against the rail.
After I got three of them freed up and painted, I tried to put them on. That is when I found out they were different. Was it
common for these castings to have the extra bolt? What manufacturer used them on their wheels. It was not easy but my original
Allis wheels now have a bolt in them as well. What compound should I put on these little bolts so the won't rust in place?
cvphoto85646.jpg

cvphoto85647.jpg

And I should have added, you can see power shift wheels on most any brand of tractor, maybe only on certain small models, etc, but they're out there. Usually with slight differences. So who knows?

It's been a long time since I was around a power adjust rim, but I have seen many with a bolt or set screw to tighten after setting them where you want them. Put a dab of never seize on the threads, it will blend in with aluminum painted rims very well.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back