things home from the fair

formerly ny bill

The Afton fair ended Sunday, and they ask me to bring some old farm things to display. I brought my
stuff home Monday, got it all on one load, except the 560 and baler that I drove home. Even had a guy
leave his number at the office, in case the Massey Harris baler was for sale. Not yet.

Hoosier seeder, Cub Loboy, wheelbarrow seeder box, fanning mill, wheelbarrow sprayer, Syracuse walking
plow, and locally made Jones platform scales.

cvphoto130309.jpg

cvphoto130310.jpg

Hand corn chopper, part of the fanning mill, part of the wheelbarrow seeder, and hand crank Sunbeam cow
clipper.

cvphoto130311.jpg

Loboy was in a lot of pictures, a kid was on the seat while Dad or Mom took the picture. I also took a
little Root and Heath corn sheller and last year's ear corn that was a hit for kids to use. Good times.

One thing that shocked us as kids moving to Alabama from Maryland was the lack of a real fair. Up there we always went to the county fair and state fair. Down here they have almost no ag exhibits, no animal judging...... Wish we lived closer, would have visited y'all at the fair!

Bill I think I asked you before can I see your farm from I 88? I was in Cooperstown NAPA today and they had a flyer for the Roseboom tractor show for 2022. I didnt have my phone or I would of got a picture.

The model is 101, nearest I can tell, its early 1950s. Needles are sideways like the New Holland 77 and
Super 77, but they hinge on the left side, where NH hinges on the right. It even has a fan by the
knotters to keep chaff away. Also has the vertical packer arm like the 77s.

Greg, yes, when you come through the rock cut at mile 20? going toward Binghamton, look right, toward the river. First 2 farmsteads are mine. The freestall pole barns at home don't show up as well as the big old 3 story barn next door.

What are the dates for Roseboom?

Wish I had known about the fair and your participation. I might have stopped by.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back