Think the price of highway gasoline and diesel is high here

buickanddeere

Here are the current highway fuel prices in Europe. Multiply the price per liter in Euros by 5.5 to obtain the cost in US dollars per US gallon.
North America is "catching up".

Country Unleaded petrol price per litre in euros February 9 2011 Diesel price per litre in euros February 9 2011

Gasoline Diesel
Austria 1.29 1.24
Belgium 1.39 1.20
Czech Rep 1.26 1.24
Denmark 1.54 1.39
Estonia 1.20 1.22
Finland 1.51 1.31
France 1.46 1.29
GB 1.41 1.48
Germany 1.45 1.38
Greece 1.59 1.39
Hungary 1.33 1.31
Ireland 1.44 1.35
Italy 1.50 1.38
Latvia 1.19 1.19
Lithuania 1.22 1.13
Luxembourg 1.25 1.13
Netherlands 1.55 1.27
Northern Ireland 1.42 1.48
Norway 1.68 1.65
Poland 1.25 1.20
Portugal 1.52 1.35
Slovakia 1.39 1.28
Slovenia 1.28 1.24
Spain 1.26 1.21
Sweden 1.43 1.46
Switzerland 1.22 1.31

It is my understanding the tax structure there is very different than ours. There is a lot of tax on gas but no or low tax a lot of other things. So to compare give the price of gas here and there before tax.

Yea, and you can drive all the way across most of those countries on one tank. Doesn't apply here. The countries we saved (or mostly so) from themselves owe us trillions. We'll take it in oil.

Their prices are their problem. If we wouldn't be tying our own hands on pumping our own oil, not to mention wasting billions of tax dollars on "green" energy "solutions", I think we would have rather affordable fuel.
Shame on us for letting it happen.

If I'm reading this right, most countries gas is more expensive than diesel. In the U.S. gas is about 10-15% more expensive. Do other countries have the same low sulfur requirements?

What is your problem with Renewable Energy solutions to supplying Residential power. One produces it and comsumes it on his own property. No power lines, no waste. So far the vast energy of the sun, wind, and water is free. All one pays for is the tech to harness it. Why wouldn't we want to support it's growth. The only carbon footprint from these renewable power generators comes from manufacturing, and assembling them on the site. Once they are there, the fuel comes to them at no charge. Free fuel! Seems like a no brainer to me.

While the price of gas/diesel is getting high in the U.S.A. and affects everything we buy when you consider trucking companies are charging in the neighborhood of 31% fuel surcharge right now.

BUT.............
When I look around at the general public it needs to go a lot higher before anyone really takes any action.
I see people with their new 4x4 double cab diesel pickups fueling at the red diesel pump to save money yet they have a truck with a $500++++ a month note just so they can keep up with the Joneses.
Most drive like they are headed to the hospital all the time with no concern of fuel mileage; live 50+ miles from work; but yet complain about the price of gas.

ACG,

Not trying to be a smart-alec or cause any controversy here, but I think the key word in your post is "we". If "you" or anyone else wants to produce his own energy, I'd say go for it. But if "we" includes "me" encouraging something I have no interest in, count "me" out.

The government has no business being in the power generation business. Let private enterprise mine the coal, drill for oil, build the hydro-electric dams, and if they want to develop other forms of energy, let them. That's why we have power companies.

At least, that's the way I see it.

By the way, thanks for the pictures you post - they are always delightful.

Tom in TN

(quoted from post at 19:26:04 04/20/11) What is your problem with Renewable Energy solutions to supplying Residential power. One produces it and comsumes it on his own property. No power lines, no waste. So far the vast energy of the sun, wind, and water is free. All one pays for is the tech to harness it. Why wouldn't we want to support it's growth. The only carbon footprint from these renewable power generators comes from manufacturing, and assembling them on the site. Once they are there, the fuel comes to them at no charge. Free fuel! Seems like a no brainer to me.

Yep, that would be a no brainer. But it ain't here and won't be for a long time. For our home you have to be talking electricity and that would be wind or solar. Since the wing doesn't blow all the time or the sun doesn't shine all the time. You would need batteries. Think of all the batteries needed for everybody. You think oil is dirty. I don't think it is as dirty a making batteries and especially what to do with bad batteries.

My opinion only.

ACG,

What do you mean by ""support"" renewable energys growth? Taxpayer subsidies? I agree with your main premise if individuals are willing to make the investment with their own money but most of the current green technology does not make economic sense for the majority. By the way, how is the corn and hay gonna grow if we wipe out the carbon footprint?

(quoted from post at 16:42:15 04/20/11) It is my understanding the tax structure there is very different than ours. There is a lot of tax on gas but no or low tax a lot of other things. So to compare give the price of gas here and there before tax.

Try 19% sales tax in Germany. road tax goes by weight/HP and is the fee for licensing the vehicle. IE a kia sorento with diesel motor runs about 500 euro a year in tax. My tractor costs just under 100 euro per year, our no brakes, 750kg gross weight trailer costs 60 something.

(quoted from post at 22:58:48 04/20/11)
(quoted from post at 19:26:04 04/20/11) What is your problem with Renewable Energy solutions to supplying Residential power. One produces it and comsumes it on his own property. No power lines, no waste. So far the vast energy of the sun, wind, and water is free. All one pays for is the tech to harness it. Why wouldn't we want to support it's growth. The only carbon footprint from these renewable power generators comes from manufacturing, and assembling them on the site. Once they are there, the fuel comes to them at no charge. Free fuel! Seems like a no brainer to me.

Yep, that would be a no brainer. But it ain't here and won't be for a long time. For our home you have to be talking electricity and that would be wind or solar. Since the wing doesn't blow all the time or the sun doesn't shine all the time. You would need batteries. Think of all the batteries needed for everybody. You think oil is dirty. I don't think it is as dirty a making batteries and especially what to do with bad batteries.

My opinion only.

Trying it here with subsidised 13.5cents /kwhr wind and 80.2 cents per kwhr solar. Average pric epaid for nuclear power is 4.5 cents per kwhr. The NIBY's which also happen to be "enviromentalists. They are blocking construction of wind turbines and solar systems.

We are not Europe. Period. And even if we were, the fuel prices are still extremely inflated. Do a search for fuel prices in places like Libya, Saudi-Arabia, etc.

We have our own oil. All we need to do is drill it and refine it and we could see fuel prices easily under $1.00 per gallon once again.

I was in Jamacia last week and the price of gas was $116.00 jamacian dollars per litre. The exchange rate at the resort was $84.00 J for $1.00US, and $70.00J for $1.00 Can.
Not sure why the exchange was likr that but it was.

I agree ,and the prices here in the usa suck when it comes to price of fuil I dont care how much other countries pay. When I lived in Dallas Id use one tank a month, now in Arkansas 3 tanks a week.So it sucks in price.

It's already happened to the drivers in how many countries? Just what exactly is so special about you to be spared ? What is protecting the US driver from being gouged now or in the future?
Looking at the US prices now vs. 5 years ago. The US driver IS being gouged now. The prices are going to go higher too. The US driver is purchasing as much fuel at $4.25 a gallon as they did at $3.00.
If you were selling a product and customers kept purchasing your goods even though you raised the price by 42%. You are going to keep raising the price until demand starts to drop and profit is maximized.
Business is business.

I maintain the cost of refined petroleum products is the same now as 40 years ago.

Plot the cost of gas or fuel oil against gold or silver. Pretty constant. Have another quantum easing and print another trillion dollars.

Check out the cost of copper. Our pictures of dead presidents are a depreciating asset. Wait until the Chinese Yuan is the world's reserve currency.

The Euro used to be on par with the dollar.

As close to what I can figure it took 100 years for the dollar to lose 95% of its value.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back