This is the second time

flying belgian

that using gasoline works better then penitrating oil. I finally got the 3/4 adjusting bolt out of the coil spring on the baler. Finally got it to move quarter inch. Kept going back and forth while dousing it with penitrant. Just wasn't making much headway. Then filled a squirt oil can with gasoline and used liberally. The I started gaining a round on the wrench each time. I'm trying to post some pics.

cvphoto165568.jpg

now i know its on a baler. many times using an air hammer punch on them sort of things works pretty good with lube . just keep hammering at it and the vibration is the trick.

That sure isn't much of a weld holding that pipe on. Might want to fix that before it breaks.

Brake Fluid works very good on rust. I have a squirt can that I keep around just for things like that. Really rusted bolts sometime I let it set overnight.

Penetrating juices work on capillary action to draw it into the gaps. The thinner it is, the easier it will flow into tighter gaps. There is a favorite concoction of ATF & Acetone. My thoughts is that the Acetone thins the ATF, allows it to flow into a tight gap, then the Acetone evaporates, leaving a heavier fluid to lubricate the joint.

Glad the gasoline worked for ya !

I was fighting a rusty nut for two days one time. I tried all kinds of tools, and wrench cheaters, and heat, and penetrating oils giving them time to work. Finally I squirted some tomato juice on it and it broke free.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back