This mornings happenings

larry@stinescorner

Want to say Im sorry for some bad posts I made ,,was feeling real low

Been feeling low lately,,lots of stuff happening at one time,

I realized I wont be doing any FORD work in PA,,No more big gardening,,and very little FORD work

That had me down for awhile,,but was over it,,starting to expand the garden a bit in NJ

For years I have been looking for a Cub with cultivators,,dreaming of using it ,in a big garden in PA

The other day,,I stopped to take a picture of the little economy tractor,,the cub was there too.

Just gonna take some pictures

Asked the fellow permission,,he said sure

He said ,,find out what they are worth

I told him,,750 would be wholesale,,,,1000 to 1200 retail,,,up to 2000 in real good conditionp>He said to me,,,he would gladly take 800,,,for the cub,,,he said maybe 400 for the economy

All these years looking for a Cub,,now I dont need one,,here it is,//that kinda got me feeling down

Then an Email from the Ccenter,,,we made an appointment for you,,for more tests,,your psa level is high

Then,,news from the vet,,Walter has tested positive for lyme

Well,sitting around feeling sorry and making a mess here on Talerville,,is not the answer

The other day I Saw the lady up the street giving her grandchild a little ride,,(in her driveway,,not mowing)

This is the widow lady that gave me the tractor wagon last fall.

It was sitting in her back field,,almost shot

She gave it to me.

I fixed it up,,,but this morning,,I Thought ,,do something instead of moping around

I Have one wagon my brother gave me,,dont need two

So,,here it is at the neighbor up the streets house,,at its original home

If I Had known the plan,,I should have painted it green and yellow,,,she has a JD,,,!!!
cvphoto88346.jpg

cvphoto88347.jpg
cushioned up,,ready for her grandchildren!!!

Now ,,I Feel a bit better,,sorry I was selfish in Talerville,,I Should stay away from the keyboard when feeling low,,,

Start taking cranberry pill every day. Doing that will lower you PSA levels. BTDT and the biopsy is not fun to have done

He wants $800 for that cub?? The one you posted pictures of? Dang. Wish I was closer. I would buy it and loan it to you for the summer! Unless you buy it first!!!

My PSA level where up and had to do the biopsy a year or so ago. The V.A. wanted me to drive the almost 100 miles one way to Columbia a month or so ago and I asked if I could go to the local clinic to have the blood draw. They said yes so I did that. I had been taking cranberry pills every day and my PSA levels where way down so taking them saved me a lot of wasted time and maybe a biopsy

The cub looks nice. Well worth $800 for parts and tires if not a runner. You have alot of folks here Larry praying and pulling for you.

No need to apologize sir. That was a good deed. Glad to see you are feeling better. That wagon will bring a smile to the face of her grandkids like your posts do to us! If I was closer I would get that tractor also! Maybe even both of them. Like my son and I need some more. Lol. You are a good guy and had us worried. Have a nice day sir.

Dont feel bad for your posts. We are here when you need us for good days and bad. Thats what friends are for. I think both of thise tractors are a good buy. If I was in better shape I would be tempted to buy that cub.

We are all receptive to your tails. Negotiating a positive attitude is just staying on the rails. (or in the furrow) Getting well in the psychology is critical. Self support is as important as what we can supply, and we can supply a modern trailer load. Jim

NEVER, EVER STAY AWAY WHEN FEELING LOW! We've all been there and sharing helps. Don't know all your issues, but being happy makes a huge difference in your mental and physical health. Personally, and I may get fried for this, I would go get the cub and the other one if you want it. The Bible says in Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart does a body good, like a medicine. If the cub will bring you joy, go get it! You don't have to use it. I have a number of things that I will never use, but they bring me joy. I guess in a way that is a use.

Have they done a PET scan for followup of your lymphoma recently? That should show if there is anything to be concerned about cancer wise in the prostate.

Larry
Sorry if I was hard on you telling you you can't be a cub Scout. You need to buy a Cub

That said, my dad had a cub. Part of me would like to have one only because dad had one.

I don't collect tractors I can't use.
I don't buy anything I have to leave outside either. That's one of the reasons I built a new pole barn. The Kubota needed a home.

You are always welcome to come play in the dirt with my Kubota or terramite.
Then we can call you a dirty old man for playing in the dirt.George

You don't need to feel bad about posting, that is what friends are for. We are to hold each other up and carry each others burdens to make them lighter. I am glad when I can read of others problems as I can pray for them even when not asked. I know a personal visit and a hug is always better but for most of us here we live 1000+ miles away but each one here would be at your door with biscuits and such if we could.

It is not right for us to hold in our thoughts and pain and keep it to ourselves. We as a human race were built by GOD to have companion ship and share ALL or bad times and good.

Keep your chin up, there are better days ahead even if not here on earth. Paul said it best for me to live is Christ to die is gain,

Larry, you are a great friend to many people here on Tales.
Friends want to hear what is going on.
We are here to support you and all our friends on Tales.
Your SC friend, Richard G.

Chin up Larry. I been going to the doctor twice a week for something since the fourth of January. One of my cats died from cancer and now another one is going in for breast surgery next week for the same thing. My car developed a fuel problem and now it is in the shop. I discovered I had a three quarter inch dia. bladder stone in February which started making me sick. Had surgery on it the twenty ninth of March and got rid of it and then got really sick to my stomach. Haven't been able to eat, have lost my sense of taste. Started on a new hormone medicine to kill my testerone and it makes me so tired I can,t do anything. Just taking it one day at a time. Hang in there.

Larry , dont beat yourself up because of a low mood. You solved this one by getting out and doing something. I often tell myself go out and do something. Right or wrong just do it

Buy the Cub, I have five garden tractors and two Farmalls on less than two acres because I want to. I sure don't need them all and my wife doesn't seem to care what I drag home.

I must of missed the bad posts ? or read them and didn't think they were bad ?
Anyhow buy the cub and play around with it. One can always resell it.

Larry, the biopsy is not all that bad. Only pain is for a few seconds. Had twice. Found the C the second time. Out in 2008.

Larry, buy the cub and drive it around the yard. Nothing like the sound of a Farmall. Great tractor therapy.
My favorite tractor is my mom's Farmall C. Cadillac ride and sounds like a Harley.

If someone sets Larry a go fund me page for his cub. Count me in. George

Hey Larry sorry you have felt low Been there done that we all have the T shirt lol

Anyhow feel free to rant anytime you like, it beats the trolls, nit pickers, nay sayers and the angry ones or always right bunch

You take care now Larry, God Bless and best wishes

John T

Glad that you got it off your chest. A load heavy for one is born lightly by many. That's what friends are for. Give Walter our best wishes.

It's too bad we're all so far apart. It would be fun to get together for a barbecue or at least put on a big pot of coffee, and do it regularly.

I think many of us have been there over the years.

These forums are kinda like family, we come here on bad dead days looking for some comfort. Sometimes it doesnt come out so well in black and white type. Well, we end up meeting up with another fella just as down in the dumps, and kinda bash into each other without realizing the deal.

See that a lot.

Dont know what the dust up was if there was one, but carry on and keep on coming back! You are good folk.

Paul

Larry, I really don't have the answer either. Your posts have been an example of living life to the fullest for all of us. Even I have used your trips, projects, and farming to get myself through several health issues including C on my vocal cords. And now dealing with prostate issues. Walter needs you, we need you, that Little Girl needs you. Sending prayers for you, your family including Walter. Don't ever apologize for posting how you feel. We all expect you to help us see another view. Just like always, keep us updated on Walter and your progress.
Bruce

Life throws a lot of curve balls so it's not always easy to be in a great mood hang in there

Larry,

You're a good man with lots of friends who truly care about you. You're not a quitter so don't talk like one.

Nineteen years ago I had the prostate biopsy procedure and a month later my prostate was removed. The biopsy was no big deal. Seventeen years ago I had a 19 hour surgery to get rid of cancer inside my mouth and jaw bone. That one was tough but now at 82 years old I'm happy, very active, and most importantly cancer free and healthy.

Have you told your Little Girl how you're feeling? She'll straighten you out.

Take care of yourself Larry.

When I replied to your post, the point that I had wanted to make was that we need to be aware of our limitations and adjust or address them as needed. I hope that I didn't come across as down playing any issues that you are dealing with.

Larry... We all know as adults that when it comes to earthly things.......it's not so much what you need... It's what you want. The cost of the Cub is a pentance compared to the happiness it would bring you. And...... You could always sell it later on down the road. I/we enjoy your posts so much Larry. Think about how your intellect about gardening..... And the stories about you and Walter make us all so happy. Wingnut

Been off the site for a little bit. Lots going on here. People here know you so no need to apologize. I'd say buy the Cub. :)

Larry I cant give you any more wisdom than has already been given here. I have never read a bad post from you and I do not expect any bad posts in the future. Instead, your posts are the highlight of our day.

Hey Old, will the 100% cranberry juice do the same thing, say 8 oz. glass a day? My PSA was up in January, had a retest few weeks ago and it was back to normal range. I have been drinking some cranberry juice, not a glass a day but maybe every other day or couple o days.

NOt many people here know me, but I have gotten so much knowledge from people here. I enjoy reading posts from so many people including you. Hope things get better, they will. I consider Old a friend, never met him, but respect him and his knowledge and willingness to help and so many on here are like that. Larry you never know the impact you have on people in a persons life so keep on posting

Mr. Larry, I don't personally know you but I follow your post with great interest. I too have had down dark days and learned to not take it all so seriously. Now I worry about me, and my family. I take time out to do the things I like. It sure made life a lot sweeter. I will say a prayer for you and hope you have many more blessed days informing those of us with less knowledge. Take care my brother and enjoy life.

Hang in there Larry. We all have down days. I sometimes am down more than I'm up and most of the time I dont know why. Just do what's right for you and if the cub will bring you joy buy it. I would and the last thing I need is another tractor but I'm sure there will be more.

GREAT POSTS in support of a fellow member!! I really like that,,!
I am a new member here and am really enjoying the spirit of the membership towards others!!!
Hey Larry, some members are suggesting for you to go get that machine you got your eye on,,and I totally agree. Like Nancy Howell says,,If it brings you happiness, don't hesitate no more,,,,
By the way,,you done a great job on that trailer!! I'm liking the color coordinating pillows,,,,!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back