Tim Wafer-Fast hitch adapter

Tim,I used to do just what you are trying to do.The best way is to try to find the fast hitch prongs for that plow.Get a top link plate on the tractor and a real top link. those A frame type adapters dont have enough strength ar adjustability to work with a roll over plow. You need the offset prong that slides into the tractor.To get enough lift hieght to roll the plow,you will need to rotate the rockshaft arms on the rockshaft itself. IIRC,it is 4 splines. The rock shaft and arms will be marked.Remove the bolt and large washer to see.however,you will still not get as much lift as a true three point,but it will be enough.The draft will work,but not as well.The best way of coarse is to convert to factory 3 point useing a hitch from a junk tractor.I started with a JohnDeere 825 roll over on a fast hitch 706. Later bought a 314 plow with fast hitch prongs. It was a hundred percent better.I later converted both plow and tractor to 3 point.Still have both. I sold the prongs to a man from Pheonix AZ about 10 years ago.No telling how many hundreds of acres I've plowed with the '7' and 314 till I moved up to a 1256 and 4 bottom(#642,4x16)Good luck. Call if you have more questions. 9704171178.

Thanks Steve for the info. It will be a little while before I get to plowing but thought I would plan ahead. Do you know if the 706 fasthitch arms should originally be on 28" centers? Mine currently are about 32" on center but looks like the wishbone might have been spread at some time in the past. I would like to fix that if so.
I hadn't thought at all about the lift height. That's a good point.
Thanks again!

28 inches. however,there is usually enough slop to accomidate varying widths. If 32",it
could very well be bent. That happens when one side come unhooked and it is pulling all
from one side.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back