Tips for putting together Ford 345C sediment filter?

Dave Wave

I have a new-to-me 345C. I cleaned out the sediment bowl and got a new gasket set for it from Missiks. I am having trouble getting it back together without something being mis-aligned and causing a leak.

The only part that looks off is the gasket between the glass bowl and the metal funnel is a bit big to fit the rim of the glass bowl. Its the same size ring as the ring at the bottom of the assembly. I can put it over the lip of the funnel and push it in, but it does not seem to fit quite right.

Any tips/tricks to getting it back together with no leaks?

filter.jpg

Those rings are different sizes. I generally do the bowl first and use what’s left over for the filter.
The chink filters at least give you a selection of rings… from Ford you’re lucky to get the filter.
If you’re trying to re-use old rings, remember that they sometimes swell up when you pull them off , then they are tricky to make them seal again.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back