Tire on Ford 4000

I recently bought a Ford 4000 and it has two different tire sizes. One side is a 16.9 X 30 and the other side is a 18.4 X 30 (it looks a bit wrinkled).

What should go on it and does anyone sell used rear tires near Fort Worth, TX

Thanks !!
 
Both sizes were available, but the 16.9's were much more common on that size tractor. Which on SHOULD be on your tractor would be determined by measuring the width of the rim; 16.9's are meant for 15" wide rims, and 18.4's are meant for 16" wide rims. That said, you can usualy go up or down one size without any problem...unless you want to run radials. I have a pair of Goodyear 16.9x30's that I'd sell, but I doubt that you'd want to pay freight from northern Wisconsin!
 
Where in northern Wisconsin are you?
I have a place near Iron Mountain Michigan, in the northeast corner of Wisconsin.

Best Regards
Gary
 
Hi again,

Ladysmith is not too far from my place. I just picked up a 4000 last fall and I am not sure if I need some tires on it or not. Didn't have much time with it before I had to head back to Florida for the winter. I will be in Wisconsin this summer.
Could you give me your email address so that I can contact you in a few months about the tires.

Thanks
Gary
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top