Tire sizes for New Holland 270 baler

Tom Campbell

New User
I am in need of replacing the tire on the plunger side of my NH 270 baler. I have a 6.70 x 15 tire on the pickup side. I know nothing about tire sizes. What size should I have on the plunger side? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Tom

Mine is packed back in the dark shed at the moment, but the pickup side had a rather small tire on it, needs to be to not rub on the pickup, and the plunger side has a big regular 6 lug implement wheel on it, I put a big fat truck tire on it to carry all the weight it has from the plunger and bales.

Anyhow, in my case dealing with wetter ground sometimes, the wider the better for that plunger side, it should have room, run the dish outward if you have to, doesn't matter to the operation of it.

On the pickup side, need a skinny one to fit.

Paul

What size is on the plunger side now? Remount that 6.70 to the plunger side and mount a 5:00 15 0n the narrow pickup wheel. You may have to swap rims. You must have had the pickup side whell on bass ackwards to fit.Buy the 5 rib Firestone implement tire. You need those sizes for the pickup to be level. Is that what your manual calls for?

I run an 11L 15 on my 273. It had a little bity tire on the heavy side when I got it, but changed it right a way. Really doesn't matter what exact size you run, just so it works. Wider tire will give you more floatation if the ground is abit soft. What you run may depend on the width of the rim you have. Can't put a real wide tire on a narrow rim. It should be a standard 6 bolt implement rim so different size rims should be readily available.

The 270 baler was originally equipped with a 5:00 x 15 tire on the pickup side and a 6:40 x15 on the bale chamber side.

Can't speak specifically for a 270, but I have a 67 and a 268 and both have an 8.5L14 on the plunger side and a 5.00-15 on the pick up side. Worked on alot of balers over the years and with NH this seems to stick out as a common combination.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back