Tires in Manure

rusty6

The new Westlake rear tires on the JD 2140 performed pretty well in the rotting manure of the cattle shelter this week. I don't usually leave the job this late and figured it was too frozen by now but the recent mild days have taken out any frost we had. Pretty soft conditions but never got stuck as there seemed to be a good base down below all the muck. I should have switched from the bucket to the fork on the front end loader but it was later in the afternoon and I figured it would take too long. Sundown is early these days. Less than a couple of minutes video here but I needed both hands on this job.
cvphoto166903.jpg

2140 tires

I usually put the 3pt bale mover on the back with a bale on it for traction. If I'm in close quarters, I have a weight barrel that I can use, but almost always just need the bale on back. Mark.

(quoted from post at 13:28:22 11/18/23) I usually put the 3pt bale mover on the back with a bale on it for traction. If I'm in close quarters, I have a weight barrel that I can use, but almost always just need the bale on back. Mark.
This tractor got through the job with no extra weight on the back.

Looks like good rubber.

I usually had to have 3pt weight and tire chains even with new rubber to get anything done in manure with 2wd.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back