TO-35 clutch advice

1959TO35

New User
Only second time running since redoing the engine and I can't seem to get the transmission to engage (sigh). It was always a little rough shifting, but now suddenly I can't get it to engage at all - hot or cold starting...

Serial number is 161561, I believe its a '56 and a non-deluxe(?). Anything I should be careful of while ordering - from other posts I gather there are some year over year changes in the clutches, seems to be a single stage 9", but is it 1 1/8 or 1 3/8 hub?

Last, I have changed 6 or so clutches over the years on trucks, never a tractor. Will standard jacks and axle stands suffice to break the tractor for this job (which will have to be done outside) - it also has a loader attachment for added fun.

thanks,
Kerry

This post was edited by 1959TO35 on 09/18/2023 at 02:55 pm.

(quoted from post at 18:26:00 09/18/23) Have you adjusted the clutch per the
service manual? I'm assuming you didn't
split the tractor when you did the engine.

Hi Stan,

No, i didn't split it during the engine work.. just had to replace a piston, sleeve was fine. I don't have a service manual and havent made any adjustments, but that sounds like a good place to start - is there an online version of the fsm?
Tha ks

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back