TO-35 with engine valve issue

Tman_M1

New User
Engine started to miss so I did the normal cap/rotor/wires/plugs/points and condenser. This did not fix my miss so I pulled the valve cover to find a broken valve spring "cap retainer". Everything looks to be still good except for the broken spring cap and I am missing the little cup that sits on top of the valve stem. I have been able to find a part number and replacement for the little cup but I can not find anybody that shows these spring caps as available to purchase. I believe I have a continental z134 gas engine and my intake valve uses the pin style to lock in to place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Tom, I will pull it farther apart tonight. I did not disassemble any of the valves because I did not one to drop in the cylinder (if that is possible) I figured I would find them easily available and I could just swap them out when I got the new ones using the compressed air in the cylinder method. Now I know it is not going to be that easy!

(quoted from post at 14:13:37 08/02/21) Send me a picture I think I have what you need.

Tom

Email is open
I keep trying to post a photo but it keeps telling me it is against community standards?

Supposedly you need to post 5 times to get access to posting pics.
I figure it's a way to cut down on ads.

Posting a pic still did not work but Tom was able to hook me up with what I needed. Thanks to all

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back