Tony Jacobs I need Elenco parts

ESVADuke

This message is a reply to an archived post by TONY JACOBS on July 03, 2014 at 20:40:50.
The original subject was "Re: Tony Jacobs I need Elenco parts".

Hi,

I just picked up a ford industrial tractor (196x?) with an elenco front end. It has butchered wheels with 7.5x17 tires.
What type of wheels will fit, and where might a get a pair?

I'm not Tony, and I'm not really familiar with the Elenco, but aren't they just old truck wheels? Oughta be a source for 17s. Without going to look, I think my Ford F-350 dually has 17" wheels on it even.

I'm not Tony, and I'm not really familiar with the Elenco, but aren't they just old truck wheels? Oughta be a source for 17s. Without going to look, I think my Ford F-350 dually has 17" wheels on it even.

If Tony doesn't come along email me for tony's contact info. Wheels should be 16" off 4x4 dodge powerwagon. Don't know why someone would hack them up and go to 17's. Wheels must all roll together without fight each other. Want size tires do you have on the rears?

I have the correct wheels (16" Dodge WC 5 bolt) if Tony doesn't answer. You can also buy NOS and aftermarket reproduction wheels from Vintage Power Wagons

where are you located?
wheel parts

Duke,
I have an 841 ford with the elenco, it should have 16" rims. Originally they had a split rim with lock rims on the rims, not everyone will change tires on those rims. I'm sure the PO decided to go with 17" tires and rims to get rid of the old split rims. When I did mine, I had to call around to find someone who would change the tires, had to be done in a cage, and have insurance to cover them. It wasn't a cheap or easy undertaking, however probably cheaper and easier than changing to 17" rims. Talked with Tony and am running 16" ag fronts and love them. Put on lockouts and use it primarily in the winter pushing snow (used it today) and working in the woods. If it has a loader on it, go with truck tires and tread, the front tires should be able to slip when under load, that's how it was designed. The torque limiter on the front driveshaft was designed to limit damage to the front axle, however the parts for that are either non existent or extremely pricey to replace. I took the loader off mine went with an ag tire, but am careful when pulling heavy loads or spinning the tires. That all said it will run circles around my compact 4WD of the same HP. They are an awesome tractor. Enjoy it!!!

Hello Duke , The information about the wheels is correct , they are still around and can be found fairly easy . You can probably find some locally to you without much trouble. Tony

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back