Took a trip to Santa's back yard today

Adirondack case guy

I went to take a look at a Case M570AT today.
My wife and I had a wonderful day. Ron, thanks so much for you and your wife and daughter's hospitality, and the time you spent to take us down to your friend Ed's place.
Ron took us on some of the back roads to Ed's place and we saw lots of Case tractors peaking out from barn doors and setting along the county roads. Saw everything from a 1200 to a 4890 setting along the road in our travels today, to a mind boggling collection of Case tractors at Ed's place.
I am just posting a very few of the pics of Ron and Ed's Case equipment today. Post the volumes of pics I took in the next few days.
Loren
a250576.jpg

a250578.jpg

a250579.jpg

a250580.jpg

a250581.jpg

Next time I stop for a visit, we might have to go there. Would sure like to have that 2 way plow for my VAC, probably not for sale. Do you think they might be willing to sell it.?

Mike

Loren,

What a great way to spend a day! I particularly like that Eagle Hitch Farming sign. Years ago I had the chance to buy one and didn't move on it and have always regretted it. Not many of them survive, even fewer in that kind of shape. Don

Mike, I asked Ron if it was for sale. He said not at present time.
We have plans to get together sometime in spring when weather is better. Ed has another Case friend over in Vermont that he said would be in for a get-together also.
Hey J Saeli, Ron and Ed both know you, so you need to join us too.
Ed drove out with his 1926 Case Stationary Cross motor engine to Albert City for the 175th.
If only I had known him sooner!!!
Loren

Don, It was the high lite of my year. I may have some more dealer names for you. Took a pic of a 730 CK with a dealer decal today and we did talk about older dealers in the area. I knew of most of them, but maybe Ron or Ed will chime in. They knows that you are compiling a list. One dealer name that I had forgotten about was George Jolly (sp) that was over in that area. I believe that I gave you Allen Farm Equip., Easton NY., and Rip Allen Farm equipment Argyle NY., several years back. No relation to each other.
Loren

Thanks again for the dealer info. It seems to be getting harder to come by as each year passes. Was George Jolly from Salem, NY? Don

Ron, me bad. My forgetterer works better than my rememberer now days. I do remember the old milk plant that Rip worked out of though.
Loren

Love the center exhaust SC. I am trying to keep track of every one that I find in a document to archive how many may have survived. Just located another on that is only 12 numbers away from mine! Any chance we might be able to get the serial number for that beauty so I can add it to my registry? So far I am up to about 22 center exhaust SC's on my list.

Have you pulled the shift cover on yours??? I pulled this one, and low and behold, we found the reverse fork broken in this one. There were no bushings to blank out any gears though on the rails.
a250756.jpg

Hello Ron,

Thanks so much for the clarification. Always good to find another dealer before they're forgotten. Don

With the tight quarters of the cab all you can do to put the cover back with forks in grooves is to get gears and forks centered in neutral and cut the heads of a couple of 3/8" bolts to use as aligning dowels for the cover and set it straight down. maybe you can see in there with a small mirror before cover is tight on trans. Be sure the rails shift in all gears with the cover on a bench before installing it.
Loren

I have two center exhaust tractors. One is restored from the Gyger collection, the other is not restored. I will check SNs.

Thank you sir!!! If you could let me know if they are smooth or ribbed blocks/short or long hoods as well that would be great! (I am trying to gauge a separation in stages of changes of the '41's).

If you are starting a registry of center exhaust SC models, you could add my SC smooth block to it, serial number 4500183. Feel free to contact me for any more details. Thank you

Thanks for the reply! I will add yours to the registry that I have. Currently, I have 21 entries into the registry that I have created. I know that DON L has a couple (along with the only Center Exhaust S I have heard of), but I have yet to get serial numbers from him for them. Some entries I do not have whole serial numbers for, but I try to make notes of where they were seen.

Do you think it might be possible to get the serial numbers to add them to the registry? I am more than willing to share the registry so that he (and everyone) can see what I have found so far! Any help is appreciated! And Merry Christmas!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back