Tools included with Farmall Hs and Super Hs

D Ervin

New User
Does anyone know if tools were included with with the Farmall H, Super H tractors when purchased new. If so what were they?

This is what shows in Gil Irps book.
cvphoto160803.jpg

I've been around numerous H's. Own 3. Seen a bunch of them sell at auction. And I have never seen any used H's with any tools other than maybe the spark plug wrench. And that's a slight maybe to even see one of those.

I'm not old enough to remember the H's when new. But my experience has been, the tools seemed to of not been kept with tractor, and not included if used tractor was ever re-sold.

Not sure if hand crank (for starting) is considered a tool. But most, or all, H's should of came with a hand crank. Not sure if it was an option to not get the hand crank. The H was battery start after all, but most probably thought the hand crank was needed for when battery was dead. Or to dead to turn starter over anyways. Some H's had mags, and would start even though battery was dead. And even the distributors would work if battery had any juice at all.

If you got the spark plug wrench, and the hand crank, I'd say your doing pretty good. Just my opinion.

I grew up on the H that dad bought new. A hand crank was furnished. Possibly the wrench needed for adjusting the rear wheels but I think we always just used the 1/2" drive socket set.

For sure there was a spark plug wrench, the feeler gauge for the spark plugs, and the feeler gauge for the ignition points.

The 45662 is in the tool box on the H as we speak. Was never much good for anything it would tip side ways in a hard pull and so never used. The Drawbar wrench 30011DA was used for tightening the cultivator bracket, when using the track wiper on the back when cultivating. Was the only time I ever saw it used. The spark plug wrench I can't say if it is there or in some other place. As the Cat had a couple of those tube like sockets for some plugs on it, and might have been migrated to there. Since there has been a regular socket and ratchet for the spark plugs to the H since I was a little kid many years ago now. As for the rest they might be around someplace or mixed in with some of the wrenches for the Cat in that tool box. Though I would have to look for that. We where just talking about the drawbar wrench the other day. Dad said he couldn't remember where it was he had not seen it in quite a while. Probably down with the cultivator someplace in the orchard where it has set for the last 35-50 years now. I kind of would like to find an H to put them on for using in the garden when I want to cultivate the garden in the summer. Though I don't really need another tractor to keep up just for that use.

The Owner's Manual for the tractor should show the tools that were included. I'm not sure the answer stayed the same across the production run of a particular model. So you probably should check the proper revision of the manual for the specific tractor.

Parts catalogs show the tools. They will list all the tools, even if only supplied during part of the production run.

The crank was a piece of the tractor, would not be listed as a "tool". Eventually, they quit including cranks. Super H was probably out of production before that happened.

My dad had gotten a drawbar wrench like above but was over 5 foot long with a different size socket on each end when he bought a model 24 picker. He had it mounted on a H even tho it should of been on a M

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back