Tractor ride over Mackinac Bridge

with all those rules its sounds like maybe one or two guys will show up.

Question can a farmer drive his tractor across the bridge when he needs it on the other side or does he have to go around it.
Walt
 
Walt It is obvious you have no idea what the Mackinac Bridge is or where it even is by you post.To go around it would be a several THOUSAND mile drive.
 
Normaly tractors are NOT allowed on the bridge. This is a special occasion like the Labor Day bridge walk when they close one way on the bridge and the govenor of Michigan leads the walk accross the bridge. I have done the walk a couple of times.
Northern Michigan Antique Flywheelers club grounds are about 50 miles south of the bridge.
e-mail is open
John
 
Yes,I don't have it right in front of me,so I might be wrong about the date. It's in the Farm Trader. At least I think that's where I saw it. September 12th at 3pm if memory serves me right. Plenty of time to find out if that's wrong.
 
The first time I went across that bridge we had about three days vacation to blow so we decided to make a lap around lake Michigan. Did'nt look that far on the map but we had to hustle,went to the Souix locks and out on the island. We went back a couple years ago with two kids this time and spent a few more days. That's a neat bridge though. Jim
 
Quote: I don't see any rules. what are you talking about?

Just click on the linked page, scroll down a little, and you will see all the rules laid out, plain as day.

If you know where and what the Mackinac Bridge is, none of these rules are really that strict or outrageous. They are needed in order to keep not only the parade of tractors safe, but the passenger vehicles using the bridge safe as well.
 
Well, you might be able to cross when the water is frozen - but it would be a long and cold ride.

They mark a trail on the ice every year so people can find their way to Mackinac Island nearby. My wife used to work there.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top