Tractor Wars PBS

I confess I'm not all the way through this but so far its been pretty good.

Seen it,was pretty good.Partial to the tractors built in the later sixties,seventies and eighties though with the big improvements in creature comforts,hydraulics and last but not least turbochargers!

What I found ironic is the introduction of the tractor was the catalyst for many of the problems that farmers face to this day. Overproduction driving down prices to unsustainable levels. Kids leaving the farm for "city life." Being unable to find good help.

If only they'd just kept feeding those d*mn horses...

I just saw it on u-tube last night. 56 minute video with an ad every 5 minutes if you want to watch and don't have the ad free subscription. There is a book available about the tractor wars also. My kids got it for me last Christmas.

What I found ironic is the introduction of the tractor was the catalyst for many of the problems that farmers face to this day. Overproduction driving down prices to unsustainable levels. Kids leaving the farm for "city life." Being unable to find good help.

If only they'd just kept feeding those d*mn horses...
Hence the Amish pace for life.

Watched it last night. Yeah too many ads but it is what it is on that front. The poster of the video has no control over them.

My dad told me once that grandpa owned a Fordson. Around 1937 he traded it in for a used '36 Allis WC. The WC was delivered to the farm and the truck driver apparently was making donuts or something in the yard with it after unloading. Must have impressed 4yr old dad that he remembered that detail. In those years though the war they also had 4 horses. There were still at least 2 horses until 1951 based on some dated photos. The last horse was "retired" by about '55 and sold off soon after.

Interesting they didn't go into after the early 30s I think. When did Ford get back into the tractor market after they got out and stopped making Fordson? Maternal grandpa and I think some other relatives on that side owned 40s-60s Fords.

Seems everyone is talking about just the one video, but there are other videos. You can do a search on Youtube for Tractor Wars for yourself, but this is what I'm seeing offhand -- and I'm quite distracted at the moment! *lol*
This one was posted 2 days ago:

This was posted a month ago:

Don't know if it's the same person, but saw this. It was posted a year ago and comes from a different Youtube channel:

This was also posted a year ago, but is from the Iowa Culture channel:

That's all I see for now.

lol i love the title. made me think that maybe Avalon Hill had come up with a long-awaited sequel to Panzer Leader.

I watched it this morning on YouTube. I thought it pretty good and I love the old pictures and film footage! One error in the film stuck out to me though: it said the IHC McCormick-Deering 10-20 was phased out in 1928. Actually, production of the 10-20 continued until 1939.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back