Tractor Year

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
1.) I have a Ford 8N Tractor. The serial number on my tractor is 8N 451341.
Could someone tell me what year this tractor is? I was told it was a 1950.

2.) What is the mixture ratio, of Powdered Calcium Chloride to Water. That a person adds, to their tractor tires for additional weight.

Thank
Blugoat
 
(quoted from post at 11:11:15 03/03/08) 1.) I have a Ford 8N Tractor. The serial number on my tractor is 8N 451341.
Could someone tell me what year this tractor is? I was told it was a 1950.

2.) What is the mixture ratio, of Powdered Calcium Chloride to Water. That a person adds, to their tractor tires for additional weight.

Thank
Blugoat

1952. See chart linked below.

http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/snlookup.cgi?mf=FD&md=8N



Hydroinflation link:
(Note there's more than one page.)

http://www.firestoneag.com/tiredata/info/info_hydro_1.asp
 
A weight mix of 29.8% by weight gives optimum mixture for anti-freeze down to -60 F.
25% = 25 lb in 100 lb water [is also a 1:4 ratio]
This gives protection down to only about 40 below....If you go with more salt like 35 lb in 100 lb water; it will weigh more but the antifreeze protection is also less and probably like to -40 F.
ALSO: 1 gallon of water is 8 lb so add 2 lb salt to each gal if the 25% is OK with you.
 
I mix CaCl at 2 bags (88 #) to the drum (55 gal) if I don't want the stuff to freeze. Depending on where you're at you can probably get by with 1 bag per drum. 2 is overkill here for freeze protection, but the weight is good anyway... 1 bag is just marginal here. Probably 1 year in 5 will slush them up at that ratio.

Rod
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top