Manufacturer's spec is SAE 80 winter, SAE90 summer mineral oil. Mineral oil is also known as GL1. NAPA has SAE90 GL1. I just filled my TO-35 with that. I think the price was USD65 for 5 gallons. They also have it in 1 gallon containers, but if the store does not have it in stock they will want you to buy a case qty of six 1 gal containers. So it is cheaper to buy in the 5 gal. The capacity is 8 US gallons.

TSC also has an oil in 5 and 2 gallon containers marked as being for Fords. Look closer at the label and it states that it is mineral oil. About the same price as NAPA.

Search this forum and the Massey Ferguson forum and you will find lots of entries on this. John (UK) advises that it is OK to use (and preferable in colder climates) to use a multi-viscosity engine oil.
 
the NAPA product numbers are

65-205 for the 5 gallon bucket
65-201 for a 1 gallon jug.

Call ahead as the individual shop may need to get it in from the wearhouse. This takes about a day.

Jeff
 
Dill

Guess I am just old school, but if you can get it I would use the GL-1 mineral oil.

My TO-35 is 51 years old and the transmission/hyd system still works fine. I will continue to use the GL-1 oil in the tractor as long as it is made and I can afford to buy it.

NAPA has the best price on the oil that I have found. My tractor leaks a little through the front transmission seal so I have to add a bit from time to time.

The sump oil should be changed every few years. As moisture will collect in system as most of use do not use the tractors like they were use when new.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top