troybuilt pony rider transmission problems

beef75

Member
I have a troybuilt pony riding mower 2007 model.The tranny will go into reverse but not forward makes a grinding noise. How complicated is it to fix the problem or what is the problem. or would i be better off buying another tranny for it. the tranny is not hydrostatitic bit speed variations on the dash. thanks any help would be greatly appreciated
 
Transmission was just a little over $300. Also, in most cases that I have seen, the replacement appeared to be of heavier construction than the original.

What is happening is the forward/reverse is a dog clutch and the faces of the dogs and their corresponding pockets in the gears are worn. under torque, the dog slips out of the gear and makes a grinding noise.

I calculated I could not make it cost effective to repair the old transmissions. The labor more than made up the difference in the cost of a new transaxle.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top