Tru-value lawn chief self propelled mower ?????

old

Ok so I got this old lawn chief self propelled mower but here is the problem. Some one at some point in time removed the drive dogs from the rear wheels so with a new belt it still if just a push mower. The drive works with a set of star gears that a set of flip in dogs should engage so it drives forward but would free wheel back wards. So any body have any ideas as to what they should look like so maybe I could make a set?? It has no numbers on the mower to tell me the model so my lawn mower parts guy can not help unless I haul it to town
Thanks

I worked on an MTD mower once that used pins through the axle to drive a somewhat star shaped pattern in the drive gear on each axle. The pins were missing in it too.

In that one they were free to slide in the axle, the outer end would catch a flat shoulder on the gear and push the gear around in the forward direction. In reverse direction, the pins would slide down ramps inside the drive gear.

I just cut a couple of pins out of 16 penny nails about the right length. The last time I heard about the mower, the boss' son was still cutting grass with it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back