TSX 813 Carb Float and Needle

petertay

I used a rebuild kit that included everything brass except the float. Put it all together and the tractor runs fine. However, the needle doesnt seem to shut off properly, so the carb fills with gas when not running.

The kit had two extra pieces not mentioned in the instructions; a clip and delicate spring. Were those extraneous pieces that I should have tossed out?

mvphoto60286.jpg

It seemed obvious how to put them in place, so I did. Might that be the cause of the needle not closing properly?

mvphoto60287.jpg

Most MS carbs call for 1/4 inch float setting, I've been setting them to 5/16 inch instead to make sure gas will not drip out when engine is off. Engine still starts/runs
fine, and no more drip trouble.

(quoted from post at 15:03:46 08/16/20) I used a rebuild kit that included everything brass except the float. Put it all together and the tractor runs fine. However, the needle doesnt seem to shut off properly, so the carb fills with gas when not running.

The kit had two extra pieces not mentioned in the instructions; a clip and delicate spring. Were those extraneous pieces that I should have tossed out?

mvphoto60286.jpg

It seemed obvious how to put them in place, so I did. Might that be the cause of the needle not closing properly?

mvphoto60287.jpg
ot having one in hands to play with, I would say that those parts serve to help the float close the needle valve. If you left them out, perhaps that is the problem?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back