Turbo Lube hubs vs Grease

Of course heavy trucks and trailers have had oil bath for years. Wondering if anyone is running somthing equivilent in smaller trailers. "Turbolube" seem to be main brand name but I think there are others out there. I'm pulling well made snowmobile trailer out West in few weeks at nearly 2000 miles of interstate 70+ driving Already upgrad to highway- trailer new 13" tires rather then smaller stock tires. Wondering if these hubs are worth the $90.00 to do both sides. Opinions-experience please. Thanks, Tom B.

Most trucking co have gone to syntetic grease hubs.good part about it is 500,000 miles before maintenace is needed bad part is very expensive 250.00 for 5 gals and if a bearing goes out usually hard to see where as a oil hub ussually you will see oil leaking .We have all our trailers using grease

I would pull the bearing and make sure they are good . Then clean everything good and get a good quality wheel bearing grease and repack bearings and hubs.

I agree with Dave. All my trailers have synthetic grease. Eliminates wheels seal leaking. As he said, good for 500,000 miles.

Trailer wheel bearings properly lubricated with good quality wheel bearing grease (and repacked in accordance with maintenance schedules) will last indefinitely.

The same system was used on automotive front wheel bearings for decades and is still used on some vehicles.

Dean

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back